What I ordered based on your suggestions

Nice purchase champ.. I am interested to see what you think of the Mag 46's, I have not being able to find anything in these that I can look forward to. Although others, including Rob have found these to be top cigars so maybe I have just been unlucky.

Nice purchase champ.. I am interested to see what you think of the Mag 46's, I have not being able to find anything in these that I can look forward to. Although others, including Rob have found these to be top cigars so maybe I have just been unlucky.

Enjoying an 06 Mag 46 right now. Beautiful. Rich tobacco, core of very strong espresso with a dash of cream.

Good stuff.

Thought I'd share my last order with you all too. Got two each of the following to try, with a view to buying some boxes:

Partagas Lusi

Partagas 898

Partagas Connie #2

Partagas shorts

Incredibly speedy delivery - cheers Czar!

Nice swag you got there! Light 'em up and enjoy.

Thought I'd share my last order with you all too. Got two each of the following to try, with a view to buying some boxes:

Partagas Lusi

Partagas 898

Partagas Connie #2

Partagas shorts

Better review that Connie 2 soon if you're looking to buy a box. It's sadly on the chopping block.

Nice swag you got there! Light 'em up and enjoy.

Better review that Connie 2 soon if you're looking to buy a box. It's sadly on the chopping block.

Just trying to let them sit for 30 days or so (although they did only spend about 4 days in the post -brisbane to Melbourne - so might not need as long?) then will decide whether to pull the trigger.

Good stuff.

Partagas Lusi

Partagas 898

Partagas Connie #2

Partagas shorts

Incredibly speedy delivery - cheers Czar!

Another Partagas *****, I approve.

Ok, based on your suggestions I ordered the following:

Por Larranaga Petite Corona

Punch Petite Punch

HDM Epi No. 1

Rass

H Upmann Magnum 46.

THANKS TO ALL!!.....Leaf Lover

Nice looking purchase. :lol: Let us know what you think of them?

Punch Petite Punch?? Are you serious? There is a reason they have been canceled!

Send the box this way before your desire for a good Cuban is ruined.

I posted a thread throwing out there my flavor profile, and a couple of folks replied suggesting Punch Petite Punch. I admit to being impressionable. Not to worry though if you are genuinely concerned, ordered five singles of each cigar I listed. Won't pull the trigger on a box until I test drive it first. I usually give it three tries before I decide to quit it. In reality, I know after the 2nd if it's a no go.

A couple of people suggested Guantanameras, and a couple replied to stay away from it. Didn't buy that one.

I posted a thread throwing out there my flavor profile, and a couple of folks replied suggesting Punch Petite Punch. I admit to being impressionable. Not to worry though if you are genuinely concerned, ordered five singles of each cigar I listed. Won't pull the trigger on a box until I test drive it first. I usually give it three tries before I decide to quit it. In reality, I know after the 2nd if it's a no go.

A couple of people suggested Guantanameras, and a couple replied to stay away from it. Didn't buy that one.

I think Stargazer was pulling your leg. Good call on not buying the Guantanamera.

Well, anyone who still buys a guantanamera after reading Rob's description notes in his catalog page deserves what they get B)

"A rather standard cigar with mild notes of toasted tobacco. Ideal to give to people you don't like who may stubb it out after three draws. Don't smoke this thing yourself. For goodness sake man....have some dignity."

Heh...

-- Gary F.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to follow up with you all. I ordered five of all the recommendations you all made of CC's to try. The following is how I ranked them:

1. H. Upmann Mag 46: Incredible smoke! Best CC I've had by far. Good amount of the bread/caramel flavors that I enjoy in CC's riding on a consistent creamy coffee undertone with just the right amount of spice. Burned my thumb at the end.

2. RASS: very nice, soothing, enjoyable stick. Dark milk chocolate and sugar cookies came to mind and creamy with every puff after the first inch. Smooth, very smooth. Like being on the bottom of a lady with finesse.

2. HDM Epicure #1: Enjoy the smaller formats in general. Epi #1 was a bit similar to the Mag 46 in flavor. Had more of a deep coffee undertone throughout while sweet tobacco/bread flavors danced around from foot to nub.

3. Por Larranaga Petite Corona: Great smoke as well, nice relaxing format. Sweet tobacco undertone throughout mixed in with some espresso and caramel.

4. Punch Petite Punch: had nice flavors, but couldn't really figure it out. Perhaps, not enough to enjoy.

THANKS TO ALL. You've put me on the right track.

Disclaimer: I know some might question my summation on the flavors, but cigars to me are like women. Just try to figure them out the best you can and enjoy them when you can.

Just to follow up with you all. I ordered five of all the recommendations you all made of CC's to try.

Thanks for the follow up - I'm a fan of the Magnum 46 and Epicure No.1 as well. Right now I'm pretty jealous too -

the weather has turned to total crap so it's been a while since I've been able to indulge. Enjoy the rest!