Hello from Massachusetts, USA

Danashan

Hello to the grand forum! I've heard about you on Dog Watch Cigar Radio.

I've being enjoying my NC's (I guess that's the term?) for about 3 years now. Oliva, Padilla, DPG fan. I have tried very few CC's up to now and have not been impressed enough to kill my interest in paying 4 times as much for cigars I did not like, but I am still very curios about what am I missing.

Do you gents have a CC newbie suggestion post somewhere? I was trying to find it to no avail.

I'm in US so getting CC sticks can be a bit of a project, I guess.

Thanks for the fun forum!

Danashan

I have tried very few CC's up to now and have not been impressed enough to kill my interest in paying 4 times as much for cigars I did not like, but I am still very curios about what am I missing.

Welcome to FOH.

There are many excellent cigars worth trying - by many counts especially of very recent vintage. But if you are truly happy with what you are

currently smoking, you may want to think a bit before fully enetering the realm of Havana cigars. As many members say, it's a slippery slope.

Having said that, if you do decide to walk into the light, an email to our hosts to put together a small sampler of what they feel currently best would

be my first advice.

Welcome to FOH.

There are many excellent cigars worth trying - by many counts especially of very recent vintage. But if you are truly happy with what you are

currently smoking, you may want to think a bit before fully enetering the realm of Havana cigars. As many members say, it's a slippery slope.

Having said that, if you do decide to walk into the light, an email to our hosts to put together a small sampler of what they feel currently best would

be my first advice.

I will exert my self control, I promise :tantrum:

I will definitely consider your advice about the email to the hosts, after I've hung around enough to be worthy <_< Thanks!

Welcome to FOH. If you are looking for a good selection of cigars to get started with...the suggestion of contacting the Prez or Lisa at Czar would be a great start. They also have many samplers listed on the site that I would suggest you check out. Good luck on your search.

Welcome! One other peice of advice if you start exploring CCs - forget about thick ring gauges. It's just a fad. CCs come in many sizes and some of the best of them are thin ring gauges and smaller formats such as Petit Corona and Laguito.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the advice. I gravitate towards smaller ring guages anyway, so that would be very easy for me. I prefer coronas and smaller, even though most of my stock is robustos just because that is the vitola you can get most easily with heavy discounts here in states.

Спасибо и привет!

Hello to the grand forum! I've heard about you on Dog Watch Cigar Radio.

I've being enjoying my NC's (I guess that's the term?) for about 3 years now. Oliva, Padilla, DPG fan. I have tried very few CC's up to now and have not been impressed enough to kill my interest in paying 4 times as much for cigars I did not like, but I am still very curios about what am I missing.

Do you gents have a CC newbie suggestion post somewhere? I was trying to find it to no avail.

I'm in US so getting CC sticks can be a bit of a project, I guess.

Thanks for the fun forum!

Danashan

Welcome and enjoy. Under the search function you should find many reviews and info about most that you desire. If not just ask.

It seems that you have been warned, yet you choose to enter.

Beware, as he who enters here may lose all his old favorites as the CC bug takes hold.

You are now, however, among Brothers.

Welcome to the Dark Side!