Fillmore / Moorpark Fire

Not sure if this one has gotten any national news but we're getting killed over here in Moorpark with this smoke. On day 1, 20 minutes after the fire started I took the below picture from my home office window. I probably should've reported it 18 minutes earlier when I saw a small cloud pop up over the tennis court. Smoke got so bad today we had to leave. Smells pretty bad right now but we'll survive. My mom called and reminded me of the important things I needed to pack up including pictures and house documents and jewelry. I said, "What about my f&$@ing cigars mom?"

post-1187-1253764643.jpg

That's not cool, but hopefully they will get it under control soon. I was just out golfing at Moorpark Country Club on Saturday. I love the area, but with all that dry brush, it doesn't take more than a hot day and a little wind and you've got yourself a fire. Funny enough, that's one of the few courses I don't smoke on this time of year. I hate to be the one to accidentally start something.

Best of luck.

Wildfires can be crazy. Growing up in Southern California, I've experienced my fair share. Living in NY now, I don't have to deal with them anymore. Last year when the fires were really going in Irvine, CA my brother had to evacuate. The pictures he sent were incredible. From his bedroom balcony he looked out onto a giant wall of fire. Stay safe...