Cohiba Behike Line

In July 2009, there was a rumour that the Cohiba Behike was to become a regular line in 2010. 

This news created surprise and no doubt great delight to the 100 lucky customers who spent around €15,000 for their very exclusive humidor. B)

Since then, news has been filtering through that this release is definite and that boxes (details unknown) are currently being produced for a Cohiba Behike line. 

Latest news is that the new line may consist of three cigars, possibly named Behike 4, 5, & 6.

There were 3 cigars in the initial (and no doubt the last) Maduro 5 release, and the numbering would be along the lines of the Siglo range.....so, who knows? :rolleyes:

Answers on a postcard please!

Interesting news..there has been rumours of this for months. If i was an original Behike Humidor buyer I would be non to pleased. But thats par for the course with habanos...they ***** every limited cigar out if they can make a quick buck.

I would guess these will not be numbered and will not have the same attention to detail as the originals. But i dont care I will not be buying these monsters in any case. These jawbreakers do nothing for me.

I am totally sick of the special release orgy that Habanos are on in the last few years. So we hear amazing things about the Cohiba Gran Reserva due soon, how much better can these Behikes be? There is a point of diminishing returns for the consumer and I think we are there IMHO.

I can confirm there are three sizes although I will await permission to publish them. Behike will be released February 2010 and it is a super premium line.

They are being secretive with it because they need to ensure Global trademarks are registered.

Outside of the name they bare no real resemblance ot the Humidor.

I can't say too much more until I am permitted to do so .

Continuing the tradition of the last few years with new and exclusive Cohibas being introduced in the market, the Cohiba Behike, one of the most expensive Cuban cigars ever made, is set to join the regular production from 2010.

The Cohiba Behike was released in 2006, to commemorate the 40th anniversary of Cohiba, Habano’s most exclusive brand. Only 100 humidors were made, decorated with some of the most luxurious materials in the world; galuchat, black ebony, mother of pearl, sycamore, cedar and ox bone. Each humidor was personalised with the owner’s name, its number (1 to 100) and the numbers of the cigars it contained. Every single Behike was rolled by Norma Fernandez in el Laguito factory, was double banded and numbered from 1 to 100.

The price of this exclusive humidor was set at $18,000, around $450 for each cigar and it is now considered one of the most sought collectable Cohibas. We hope that the new Behikes will be of similar blend and quality, but not similar in price. No details have yet been released regarding the packaging and number of the new Behikes. However, the Double Robusto format is expected to remain the same, measuring 52 x 192, with the characteristic pigtail.

Pricing on these will indeed be interesting.. Hopefully they contain more than just the exclusivity factor though, a subtle refinement of the current Cohiba taste profile or something of the likes will be embraced with open arms..

Cohiba Behike 56 56x166 mm

Cohiba Behike 54 54x144 mm

Cohiba Behike 52 52x112 mm

Heard that as well although i doubt it will be named Behike...

I can also add that there will be a new type of leaf added to the blend, called 'medio tiempo' that is stronger than 'ligero'.

I can also add that there will be a new type of leaf added to the blend, called 'medio tiempo' that is stronger than 'ligero'.

Correct but "Medio Tiempo" still in consideration phase.

Guages are locked in but length still under consideration.

Cohiba is already a "Super Premium Line", now HSA wants to come out with a Super-Duper Ultra Premium Line of Cohiba?

ccBScc

Next...........

We should hold out on any criticism until the final concept is bedded down. I have no doubt they are expensive (boxes of 10).

I don't particularly mind if they are full bodied, balanced and bring something new to the table.