R&J Exhibicion No 3 Thoughts?

I was asked this morning to comment on the R&J Exhibicion # 3 and the reasons why it is apparently off the radar.

In order to give it a fair hearing I opened a box of May 07 which were exquisite. Nearing the end of the first third I am let down. Lack of flavour and definition particularly in comparison to the great Boli Corona Extra and H. Upmann magnum 46.

I know the #3 traditionally needs some time but I ask members who enjoy these whether or not you have experienced great #3 with less than5 years of age? I have always struggled. Even eith some age i have always found other cigars of the Corona Gorda vitola to be far more interesting.

Would love your input.

I smoke fewer Ex#3 than any other Coronas Gorda. But I smoke more Ex#3 than almost any other Romeo.

Like the Cazadore the #3 is full-bodied and full-flavored. Similarly, it usually takes a few years to smooth off the rough edges. But when ripe, these cigars satisfy a peculiar craving unlike any other.

Rob just in the process of trying new cigars, the Ex #3's I've sample, (3 from Oct 07) have been all really impressived. I would agree with both Mash & Shrink my impression is they need time but I felt the depth and body suggest a very nice balance that will develope well IMO.

I don't think these really stand out at all, but I enjoy the flavor profile when I'm looking to change things up a bit and smoke something that's not quite so dark/heavy. Trinidad Coloniales fall into this same category for me. Solid 86-87ish cigars that offer some different flavors than the usual suspects.