What's wrong with this picture?

so... an official distributor is peddling fakes, or has photos of fakes?

That's a good question. One would certainly hope not. But that band EL band is not legitimate, to the best of my knowledge.

And here's another question. If, as MRN says, the Particulares was re-made for a 2001 release (actually released on 2002) because so many people complained that they couldn't get the 2000 ones, how is it that the distributor is listing these on its internet catalogue as available to retailers even today? Weird!

That's a good question. One would certainly hope not. But that band EL band is not legitimate, to the best of my knowledge.

And here's another question. If, as MRN says, the Particulares was re-made for a 2001 release (actually released on 2002) because so many people complained that they couldn't get the 2000 ones, how is it that the distributor is listing these on its internet catalogue as available to retailers even today? Weird!

no vintages on the 2000's because my understanding was that at that stage, the LE concept was a toe in the water. there was no guarantee it would be repeated (and i think that is confirmed as there was one early year, 2002?, where no LE's released because they didn't have it as an ongoing program and so were caught short by the success of it). it was also one of the reasons that the early LE's were so cheap in comparison.

no vintages on the 2000's because my understanding was that at that stage, the LE concept was a toe in the water. there was no guarantee it would be repeated (and i think that is confirmed as there was one early year, 2002?, where no LE's released because they didn't have it as an ongoing program and so were caught short by the success of it). it was also one of the reasons that the early LE's were so cheap in comparison.

Actually, the first 2000 EL's were released beginning in October of that year at the earliest. The ones with the 2001 band were not released until 2002 and there were none released with a 2002 band.