Cigars 2.0

Dear FOHers, my latest ECCJ piece is up on my site if you'd care to read it. looks at how twitter, facebook, forums, podcasts, video reviews etc is influencing the cigar industry.

That reprobate Ayala provided some insight, but I had to ignore most of his dribble as it was unintelligible.

http://www.inlumino.com.au/european_cigar_cult.html

Cheers

Sam

Nice work Sam. As much as I enjoy the forum here, I've never considered using facebook, twitter, etc.

Well done, Sam!

I was long skeptical of "social media," but joined Facebook some time ago at the suggestion of my niece. It has put me in touch with some old friends with whom I might not have been in contact otherwise. For that reason alone, I'm glad I created my account.

Thanks for feedback guys, always nice to get reactions from folks who won't give me any BS! (or at least I hope not!)

Maalouly - Bowman St? no comprendo!

No to give too much away, but my next piece will be an interview with a member of this board...and no it won't be Rob....stay tuned...

I was long skeptical of "social media," but joined Facebook some time ago at the suggestion of my niece. It has put me in touch with some old friends with whom I might not have been in contact otherwise. For that reason alone, I'm glad I created my account.
That may be so, but I don't like taking advice from young girls where identity theft is a possibility. IT IS a balance

between what you want to achieve in re-connecting with old friends, and giving more information than you should. I am not a

black helicopter type guy, but I would rather stay off the grid for the most part. I ponder that once a month...how many women are trying to introduce me to my sons, how many old air force buddies want to catch up, etc. You can have that facebook stuff.

But look at the Montecristo Open...how many thousands of boxes will go unsold because the negative word spread globally

in a day or so and in the months that followed, it only got worse.

That may be so, but I don't like taking advice from young girls where identity theft is a possibility.

Message board communications being as they are, I'll not take that as a slight, but it wouldn't be a stretch for me to do so.

I have a much greater chance of becoming a victim of identity theft by having my mail stolen than I do by using Facebook as I do.

It's a convenient way of keeping up with my nieces' lives and staying in touch with folks that matter to me.

There was a time when I wouldn't even communicate via email with someone who wasn't using PGP. Surfed by proxy, or not at all. Then I decided that the benefits of conducting my life more simply outweighed the potential benefits of that much privacy.

There's nothing in my profile (which is only available to people I've allowed access to it) that couldn't easily be found elsewhere.

My choice to participate, just as it's yours not to.

Rest assured, though, that I do my research before I rely on the advice of teeneagers. :confused:

Huh. Seems I'm feeling a little slighted after all. :rotfl:

Looking forward to reading the mystery interview...