What does Castro smoke?

... I'm guessing it's Cohiba. But that's just coz he's powerful now. What about before the revolution? If he was anything like me, then he definitely couldn't afford to smoke Cohiba... Maybe he enjoyed a RASS or Sancho Panza...? Also wonder what Raul smokes.

I know that Che smoked Monte 4s.

Likewise...I don't have the answer to the question, but I would guess that he may have smoked whatever he could get his hands on during his guerilla days. I have seen pictures in the past of Raul with a cigar in hand, but no idea what type of cigar it was.

... I'm guessing it's Cohiba. But that's just coz he's powerful now. What about before the revolution? If he was anything like me, then he definitely couldn't afford to smoke Cohiba... Maybe he enjoyed a RASS or Sancho Panza...? Also wonder what Raul smokes.

I know that Che smoked Monte 4s.

I don't know what he smoked before the revolution. Definitely not Cohiba, but not because he couldn't afford them, but because Cohiba has not been created back then. The brand was started when one of Castro's bodyguards gave him a fuma made by Eduardo Rivera in 1963. He liked them so much that he asked Rivera to make more. Eventually, in 1966, the cigars got the name Cohiba.

the info here re fidel seems spot on. understood his doctors banned him from smoking around 15 years ago. hard to believe he hasn't snuck one or two in that time.

che - i suspect he'd have smoked anything he could have stolen.

raul - my understanding of raul is that he dislikes smoking. may have been different years ago but i believe he will not attend things like the cigar festival, whereas fidel would in its early days, as no interest and just doesn't enjoy it. hey, if france can have a teetotal president, why not cuba with an anti-smoking leader?