A cigar I don't think we have ever discussed

I was going through shipments the past ocuple of days preparing the PSP for September and came across some 01 boxes of Hoyo De Monterry Le Hoyo de Dauphin. This Laguito No 2 has always flown under the radar albeit I have always enjoyed the woodiness and slight cream of aged examples.

Any thoughts from the "Thin is In" brigade :hot:

I was going through shipments the past ocuple of days preparing the PSP for September and came across some 01 boxes of Hoyo De Monterry Le Hoyo de Dauphin. This Laguito No 2 has always flown under the radar albeit I have always enjoyed the woodiness and slight cream of aged examples.

Any thoughts from the "Thin is In" brigade :lol:

A good-to-very good cigar when well aged. Creamy and woody for the most part BUT the Dauphin really is a very different blend and taste than many of us have ever experienced and they're not for everyone.

Having said that: It would be a good cigar to try if you haven't as they might be a very pleasant September surprise.

Finally, like all 38 ring gauge entries from the Island, they can have construction issues--especially from the period being discussed. But, I would certainly suppose that most of the problem examples would be plucked from the bunch before you get them.

Any thoughts from the "Thin is In" brigade :lol:

Well, i love the Dauphin, i love the combination of a strong coffee with a bit of cream and the woody flawor from the cigar... but i thought you where not caring it, I cant find it on the homepage....

cheers

Rob I have truthfully never hit is off with these and Lord knows the size, the SLB, the fact that they are of the Le Hoyo line all add up to a cigar that I should like very much. I own a lot of Le Hoyo cigars but picking and choosing them is like playing lotto.

I have found that Le Hoyos from '98 to '01 hit and miss. The misses are bad... and the hits are sometimes phenomenal. Given the price point I would try the '01's. As you know without asking, the secrets are held tightly by each cigar until you summit it to the flames of torture. I would not pay a premium for these knowing what I know. If on the other hand you can pick them up for a discount I would consider the risk commensurate to the discount.

I am still smoking rarely from a box of '98's. -R

Rob I dont see the Dauphin in the store.. Did I miss it?

Not really. I took them off due to construction issues. The 8 boxes I located however were perfect in terms of construction from my initial assessment. I want to have a closer look at them when they arrive in store from the warehouse before I add them or give any sort of personal seal of approval.