Some news on 2010 Habanos

Some interesting News on a few new 2010 Habanos releases. I should have some more details later on in the week.

A Romeo y Julieta for women...."Julieta"

Beautiful metal packaging with 5 thing guage cigars. Mild in flavour.

Behike to become a regular line.

I am not sure of the packaging of these nor whether the leaves will be specially aged. Again, I will have ore details before the end of the week.

Some interesting News on a few new 2010 Habanos releases. I should have some more details later on in the week.

I am not sure of the packaging of these nor whether the leaves will be specially aged. Again, I will have ore details before the end of the week.

Will the Behike still cost a bazillion dollars a stick, or are they planning on "normalizing" them?

Will the Behike still cost a bazillion dollars a stick, or are they planning on "normalizing" them?

I will have some more information on the Behike in a couple of days. Lets rule out now that they will be anything less than expensive. If I were taking a punt I would say $25-30 USD a stick. Indicative pricing woud not be know until the 2010 Habanos Festival where they would be released.

I will have some more information on the Behike in a couple of days. Lets rule out now that they will be anything less than expensive. If I were taking a punt I would say $25-30 USD a stick. Indicative pricing woud not be know until the 2010 Habanos Festival where they would be released.

$25-30 is not obscene. Not cheap, for sure, but not "I need a second mortgage to afford these cigars" expensive either.

I could be right out in terms of pricing. We will see :D

Virginia Slims??..... :D

I'm fairly sure that if I were a female cigar smoker, I'd be pretty offended.

Wankers.

And this on the heels of the Cohiba Gran Reserva.

So by the end of 2010 there will be two relatively expensive line extensions for Cohiba. Am I seeing this right? (As I recall, there was some conflicting info about the Gran Reserva -- some said it would be a one-time release while others said it would be so-called regular production but in limited numbers as the high quality leaf was available.)

In any event, it is interesting info. Thanks, Rob.

Virginia Slims??..... ;)

I'm fairly sure that if I were a female cigar smoker, I'd be pretty offended.

Wankers.

Agree with this. If a woman is a cigar smoker, then most likely she enjoys good cigars regardless of the size. I know my g/f would never buy a cigar based on size (and, in fact is far more attraced to thick guage cigars). I, on the other hand am more than happy to smoke a Monte Especial #2 and other thin guage cigars. But will never ever feel the desire to try it, as it's a womans cigar...

Sounds more like a cigar for fags if you ask me

Rob,

Great news from Habanos SA, good way of fighting off the economic recession

by smoking a 30 or 40 Dollars ;) behike on your bike, (bicycle, I mean) :pod:

Also great news is that now women will have their own cigar,( RyJ, Julieta), but ,

how will I explain that to my women club members ? I'm afraid of the reaction I'll get :pooped:

Like our member, Anne, after being informed that she'll have to try a thiner & smaller version,

or Babeth, who loves DC's :D

post-3705-1246884246.jpg

post-3705-1246884279.jpg

Agree with this. If a woman is a cigar smoker, then most likely she enjoys good cigars regardless of the size. I know my g/f would never buy a cigar based on size

Also great news is that now women will have their own cigar,( RyJ, Julieta), but ,

how will I explain that to my women club members ? I'm afraid of the reaction I'll get ;)

Exactly. It smacks of treating women as second class. I can't imagine offering someone something other than what I was eating, drinking,

smoking, etc simply because they were a woman. Furthermore, if I tried pulling something like this on the women I associate with, I'd be

called on it immediately, and in no uncertain terms.

Exactly. It smacks of treating women as second class. I can't imagine offering someone something other than what I was eating, drinking,

smoking, etc simply because they were a woman. Furthermore, if I tried pulling something like this on the women I associate with, I'd be

called on it immediately, and in no uncertain terms.

I agree! To expand on this a little. My wife never wants her own cigar. She always wants what I am smoking. Literally! ;)

I agree! To expand on this a little. My wife never wants her own cigar. She always wants what I am smoking. Literally! :pooped:

I guess the flip side is if it does appeal to women smokers, that's great. But I can't help thinking of the Fauxcristo Open, and how it will appeal

to the hip, young, new cigar smoker..... ;)

I guess the flip side is if it does appeal to women smokers, that's great.

That's true Colt, but the other flip side of it is that it could also appeal to men

who would like to replace their cigarettes and smoke these, why not ? Why do they have to

be marked as " FOR WOMEN" ??? ;)

well I too agree that the R&J for women is just a slap in the face for any woman. As for the behike, I'm guessing this will be north of $35 a stick and one can only hope its 3x as good as a lancero... I'm not holding my breath.

What a joke.......does Special Release mean nothing to Habanos SA

:pod::pooped:;):D:mob::moon:

That's true Colt, but the other flip side of it is that it could also appeal to men

who would like to replace their cigarettes and smoke these, why not ? Why do they have to

be marked as " FOR WOMEN" ??? ;)

You mean simply produce great cigars we can all enjoy, regardless of gender?

Stop talking common sense man!!

What a joke.......does Special Release mean nothing to Habanos SA

:bsmeter::cowpoop::D:gangup::mob::moon:

Remember the Trini Farmhouse Humidor? "Only 100 produced". That is, until they realized they could sell lots more than 100.

Damn,

I was hoping to find out that good news that they planned on shipping some of the 09 cigars before 2010. Guess not!

Same old - Same old here. The Gran Reserva's still haven't even shown up, except for the worthless Montecristo Open's, none of the 09 sticks have shown up.