Mebourne, Australia

Are there any venues left for a smoke in Melbourne?

What's Siglo in Spring Street like?

Was at the Supper Club (Siglo) Thursday. Excellent. Get there early as by 7pm all the seating is gone. Food also excellent.

Was at the Supper Club (Siglo) Thursday. Excellent. Get there early as by 7pm all the seating is gone. Food also excellent.

If it's the Supper Club, I'm sweet. Andy (the owner) is an old drinking buddy. Thanks Rob.

I guess Fidel's is completely gone...?

As I understand Siglo is on the roof of Supper Club - therefore "outside". Are there any other cigar friendly outdoor bars in Melbourne? Coming home this year for xmas, need somewhere to smoke. Last time I was there - the ban wasn't in effect.

You're right Kanga. All outside now. I get to Melbourne fairly regularly and would also like to know some good venues. Any with cheaper prices than the Supper Club fr'instance?

I guess Fidel's is completely gone...?

As I understand Siglo is on the roof of Supper Club - therefore "outside". Are there any other cigar friendly outdoor bars in Melbourne? Coming home this year for xmas, need somewhere to smoke. Last time I was there - the ban wasn't in effect.

fidel's is now guillame braheme's (apols for the spelling - exact name escapes me but he is the french chap from the opera house) new place.

never had a problem with seating at the supper club and never been there before midnight. didn't knwo that they were open at seven. and you call yourself spanish.

I know of 'a' place..... Baranows Lounge 348 Burwood Road, Hawthorn PH; 9819 5043

You can't smoke at Baranows any more though, can you?

Tuscan Bar is a rooftop place on the corner of Bourke and Exhibition that is a basically a downmarket Supper Club. They're cigar friendly, have a small humidor and will give you a cutter, big ashtray, whatever you need. They don't have Supper Club's range of liquors, cocktail list, cigar selection, and their service isn’t as good, but nor do they have their crowds or prices.

You can't smoke at Baranows any more though, can you?

Tuscan Bar is a rooftop place on the corner of Bourke and Exhibition that is a basically a downmarket Supper Club. They're cigar friendly, have a small humidor and will give you a cutter, big ashtray, whatever you need. They don't have Supper Club's range of liquors, cocktail list, cigar selection, and their service isn’t as good, but nor do they have their crowds or prices.

I think you're right about Baranows ZT. Unless Wal has put in a roof top area, I don't think they have the space. Was a nice spot back in the day....

Anyway thanks, I will check out the Tuscan Bar, sounds like they are on the right track.

Hmmm.....It's been sometime since I been to Baranows and I stand corrected and apologise guys, you can't smoke there..

If anyone is around town in Melbourne and want to catch up for a smoke at Tuscan, send me an email or send a PM as I work on the corner of Exhibition and Lonsdale Streets. :lookaround:

I think you're right about Baranows ZT. Unless Wal has put in a roof top area, I don't think they have the space. Was a nice spot back in the day....

I used to go there a bit before the ban, and back then Wal was talking about annexing the car park for a beer garden, but as far as I know nothing has ever come of it. Haven’t been there in a few years though.

These days there are quite a few rooftop places around Melbourne that allow smoking, if you’re comfortable taking on your double corona with crowd of dancing nineteen year olds. Siglo or Tuscan are definitely my go-tos when in Melbourne. The bar at the Westin also has a small amount of balcony seating and a humidor, but it's pricier than Siglo and not as nice.

So Siglos and Tuscany it is. But what do you mean by "expensive". I live in Moscow, where it's impossible to go out for a couple of drinks for less than $100 a head. Therefore a $20 cocktail would seem very reasonable...

So what about places to BUY cigars. I was planning to make an order at CC, and get it sent to my parents' place before my arrival. But if I find myself out an about without a stogie, where should I go?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Geez. Is it for real? How'd they get past the ban?

Doesn't say anything about a terrace on any of the sites I've looked at...

Louvered windows...have not been there but this is what I am told. If you are on Facebook they have a Facebook group page.