RA Belicoso Fino

Do you think this cigar will become a regular production cigar when the French RR run is finished ?

I would have to say this cigar has had the most positive feedback overall (as the Canadian Bolivar RR ) and would sell like hot cakes if put into regular production .

Is there any talk within Havana about this maybe being a regular production cigar ?

I was hoping that after the English Regional run was over, this cigar would be placed in regular production. But Noooo, it came out as a French RE. I've never seen this before. Let's hope it ends up as a regular offering in the RA line. A truly great cigar.

I am tring to save up a little cash as I would love to get a box as I have no more for sometime now.But it would be great if we could get them all the time and I bet the price would come down alot.Man I miss these tasty treats!!!!

Yep. The '05 RA Belicosos has turned into one of my favorite smokes.

I have not sampled any of the singles I picked up of the French version. People here who have smoked both the UK and French releases tell me they are almost, but not quite, the same blend. So far, the UK version seems to be preferred.

So I would like to see it go into regular production with the caveat that the blend be at least as good as the '05 UK release. If they can do it with the Upmann Mag 50, they can do it with these.

I can tell you that HSA insisted on the same blend.

Any difference is due to normal year to year variation (tobacco, weather/season)

Interesting. Thanks for that insight.

Good news, then, for those of us who smoked through, or missed the '05/'07 UK version but who can get the French version.

The '05s were packaged in an ordinary dress box. I notice that no the new release are regional and have two bands. Does anyone think that because this cigar has been such a success that Habanos has decided to get a premium for it instead of making it part of regular production?

Does anyone think that because this cigar has been such a success that Habanos has decided to get a premium for

it instead of making it part of regular production?

I was a bit surprised that they allowed this cigar to be reproduced as an RE again. That they produced them in a way which allows the ability to

charge twice as much or more than regular production while having to produce far fewer, comes as no surprise - business is business.

The '05s were packaged in an ordinary dress box. I notice that no the new release are regional and have two bands. Does anyone think that because this cigar has been such a success that Habanos has decided to get a premium for it instead of making it part of regular production?

I suspect that the '05s, and a very few '04s, were just ahead of the Regional Edition curve so no band.

I suspect that the '05s, and a very few '04s, were just ahead of the Regional Edition curve so no band.

The '07 second issue of these did not have the band either, did they? So maybe it has nothing to do with being "ahead of the RE curve."

I love shooting down my own ideas.

Maybe because there's a big demand for them and they sold so well ? It's all about demand and selling in numbers and these fit the bill.