Recent Purchases - Pics

So I thought I would share as I am kind of bored right now. Last 6 months I have been purchasing NC's as to add to the variety in my collection. I know many of you are anti-NC (Jimmy) but I like to switch it up a little bit.

The 4 boxes purchased over the last 6 months have been AVO LE07's, AVO Lounge Edition Churchills, Casa Magna Coronas and Illusione ~2~.

post-1187-1239828795.jpg

AVO Lounge Edition Churchills

post-1187-1239828948.jpg

AVO LE07

post-1187-1239829061.jpg

Casa Magna Coronas

post-1187-1239829099.jpg

Illusione ~2~

post-1187-1239829146.jpg

-Patrick

p.s. My next purchase will be back to the CC's and be a box of RyJ Churchills from the month and year my son will be born if it's possible. AUG09?

My son is supposed to born in July, let's buy together!

Congrats KB

Taino,

Spoke to Pres and he said to expect those date stamps in Dec/January so maybe a little earlier for July.

-Patrick

LOVE me some Avo's and those LE07's are good as shite!

Did you pick up a box of the Companeros Jay? I didn't as the price for 10 was just too high. Plus I don't like buying boxes of anything less than 20 for aging purposes. If I buy 10-count boxes I feel I have to space smoking them out too long apart.

I bought the Companeros and think they are a great cigar - the best comparison is a Davidoff Anv #3 but on steroids - full of spice and creamed coffee - the cream becomes more pronounced after the mid point.

• 2 weeks later...

Had my first the other day and what I great cigar. Illusione is getting a lot of solid reviews in the states and even got a thumbs up from Jimmy in his blind taste challenge. The ~2~ was spot on with Coffee, Leather and toasted tobacco flavors throughout. A slight taste of spice but nothing too overpowering. For some reason I found the flavor profile very similar to that of some of the RyJ Shorts Churchills I have sampled from my box. Burn was straight as an arrow and draw was what I would consider perfect. I smoked it down to the last 3/4 in. I would highly suggest everyone tries the Illusione line if they haven't as they are probably the closest I have had to resembling CC's. I am very interest to put some age on these to see what they become. On another note - Illusione is, I think, the only NC brand to date stamp the bottom of their boxes, however, I could be wrong on that. Cheers!

-Patrick

Illusione ~2~

post-1187-1239829146.jpg

Had my first the other day and what I great cigar. Illusione is getting a lot of solid reviews in the states and even got a thumbs up from Jimmy in his blind taste challenge. The ~2~ was spot on with Coffee, Leather and toasted tobacco flavors throughout. A slight taste of spice but nothing too overpowering. For some reason I found the flavor profile very similar to that of some of the RyJ Shorts Churchills I have sampled from my box. Burn was straight as an arrow and draw was what I would consider perfect. I smoked it down to the last 3/4 in. I would highly suggest everyone tries the Illusione line if they haven't as they are probably the closest I have had to resembling CC's. I am very interest to put some age on these to see what they become. On another note - Illusione is, I think, the only NC brand to date stamp the bottom of their boxes, however, I could be wrong on that. Cheers!

-Patrick

Illusione ~2~

post-1187-1239829146.jpg

I'm pretty sure Tatuaje also date stamps their boxes.