Partagas Series D No5 Limited Edition

asmith

Guest rob

I had my first of these tonight.

The only thing it had going for it was the fact it was short and it meant I didn't have to sit through more of it.

It wasn't at all a representation of the brand profile and the taste was 'confused'... not knowing what it wanted to be. A Partagas should taste like a Partagas.

It was full bodied but lacking in refinement and direction.

I would have another... but if I'm pulling a petit robusto out of my humidor this wont be the first one I reach for.

Hell, just about all regular line cigars I have smoked this month (non EL) satisfied me more.

Well, I was one of the fools that bought a box. Truth is that I like them. Definitely didn't blow me away the way a RASS or a HDM epi No. 2 does, but I thought a year of aging could improve them enough to be a nice cigar for certain occasions. Good stuff and the point is not to agree on every smoke as if we did, the forum would be a boring place. If you are going to discount these, i might buy another rack.

I agree, these are anything but boring.

I like them as well, good not great though. They are mild-med for me; I find them to be a smooth, creamy smoke and I've never gotten any spice from them.

So for me I'd put these down as a nice breakfast cigar.

I had my first one yesterday. I did not try to compare it to other Partagas , or other EL's I just lit it and smoked it. I was waiting to declare it a dud based on everything I read here.

however, this is a fine little smoke, better towards the last third. cocoa, smooth, and burned cool to the last 1.4 in. The only thing that annoyed me about it was when I had to let it go. I almost grabbed another one and burned it back to back. This is not an ok smoke for me, its a fine cigar.

will it get better with age, heck I don't know, but it's good enough now that i will enjoy them any time i want that flavor and cool smoke.

I think they were expensive when they first came out so they are by no means a "value" smoke, but resently the prices have come way down and I considered the box I got a bargain!.

very happy with these little guys

Just smoked my first (and only) today. Surprisingly good! Nice draw & burn, strong & peppery. They were expensive, but just noticed a major price drop. And FWIW, I don't generally care for the D4. This cigar was better.

• 3 weeks later...
I would have another... but if I'm pulling a petit robusto out of my humidor this wont be the first one I reach for.

Hell, just about all regular line cigars I have smoked this month (non EL) satisfied me more.

I love the Petite Robusto format. Have been hitting some '07 HDM's lately. Very good CIGARS. I don't like the Monte Petite Edmundos (TOO TANNIC FOR ME). But other than some RR's (Bolivar Petite Linbertador, PCC Bolivar) I don't know of many others. Which Petit Robustos are you pulling out of your humidor?

The HDM Petit Robusto's are bloody delicious at the moment. I never thought I would like them after some insipid early years examples. I have changed my mind.

If a cigars tastes like **** young age will not make it any better!!

A blender blends a cigar to smoke young and if it taste great most likely will have the legs for aging .

No one is going to buy a box of cigars that taste like **** or bland fresh because cigars over all are to be smoked young as most do.

If a majority of these cigars suck than well they will always suck.. j

This is 100% wrong IMO. There's plenty of worthless cigars that turn into fantastic cigars. There's also lots of cigars that are great fresh and are never as good afterwards.

I had another Serie D 5 the other day, and again it was powerful, spicy, with a hint of sweetness. The burn and draw were flawless. LOVE THEM =).

i posted somewhere, i hope, that i tried another of these recently. it was one i brought back from the havana festival of 2008 - they had a pre release showing. it was much, much darker in wrapper than any i have seen since. not that it should matter. it was also a lovely cigar and i would be very happy to smoke it regularly.

so for me, there is serious variation in boxes but the good ones are worth it.

• 1 year later...