Lurker comes out of the closet

PoohBore

Hi all,

I've been lurking for a while and thought it was time to introduce myself. I'm a newbie cigar smoker having tried it out on holiday in Varedero last May enjoyed it and the rest is history. I'm from the UK and detest cigarette smoke but quality cigar smoke, now that is a different matter!

What i would like from you guys in the know is what should I buy next. I've tried the partagas Series D No 4 and thought it wonderful. I've tried a couple of Cohiba and couldn't get them to draw properly. I also like the Romeo and Juliet No2 and 3 and a montecristo no 4.

My parents are returning to Cuba in 2 weeks and they have my cash but I need to provide a shopping list so I bow to your superior knowledge and recommendations.

Welcome to FOH......probabily as you are new to Cubans, you might be better spending your money on a broad range of samplers, rather than boxes. If your parents are buying in Cuba, make sure it is in an authorised store.....fakes are everywhere.

Welcome. Like you, I lurked around here for a bit. Place seemed filled w/good people and information so I dove in.

And I second the advice to start with samplers. That way you'll be able to more quickly narrow down your favorites without spending too much $ (by the way, the PSD4 is certainly one of mine).

Welcome aboard!

Tell your parents to go to the Romeo y Julieta Factory Divan (Fabrica). Any taxi driver can find it.

When they arrive tell them to ask for Hamet. When meeting Hamlet have them explain they are friends (or their son is) of Robert Ayala and that they need some help.

* Ask Hamlet for some Custom rolled. They may have to come back in a day or so to collect.

* Ask Hamlet to personally select singles or a box in the vitola you are looking for.

Welcome aboard!

Tell your parents to go to the Romeo y Julieta Factory Divan (Fabrica). Any taxi driver can find it.

When they arrive tell them to ask for Hamet. When meeting Hamlet have them explain they are friends (or their son is) of Robert Ayala and that they need some help.

* Ask Hamlet for some Custom rolled. They may have to come back in a day or so to collect.

* Ask Hamlet to personally select singles or a box in the vitola you are looking for.

Welcome to FOH, and I should add that Rob suggestion is the best advice you could ever receive. A personal referral from Rob to Hamlet is worth gold!