Review section...

mkz

Just noticed that the review section is awfully full of pinned video-reviews. Thus the regular reviews is soon to be on page two even when newly posted...

Perhaps the videos need a section of its own?

mkz brought up an excellent subject in this thread. While the videos are entertaining and give a much greater insight into what the reviewers are thinking at the time, I still think a written review is much easier to use when I want to refresh my memory about a certain cigar, especially if I'm deciding about an acuiisition. Written reviews just seem to be a better format for reference. I will reference a written review multiple times whereas I probably wouldn't do the same with a video.

Perhaps written reviews could be provided with a link to any video review at the end of the post. Also, while there is no arguing that the new board format is heads above the old one, I do miss the ability to sort by topic title, which in the review section just so happened to be the cigar name. It made things much easier to find than the current search function. A suggestion along these lines would be to have a single post pinned containing a sorted list of cigars that have been reviewed followed by links to any review of that cigar - sort of a table of contents. It would have to be updated each time someone added a new review, but it would make finding information about a specific cigar much easier. in fact, the list could even contain cigars that have not been reviewed yet. The lack of a link would serve as a reminder that a review is needed.

I do miss the ability to sort by topic title, which in the review section just so happened to be the cigar name. It made things much easier to find than the current search function.

It is possible to search by topic title. Just click the "more search options" when clicking the searchbutton. Priceless function when it comes to find reviews of a desired cigar.

Maybe all videos could be listed under the one pinned Video Reviews topic.

Would the above suggestion not work better ? A separate topic/section in the reviews section dedicated to video reviews only. It would also make any video search easier.