living in noah's ark

as rob mentioned, bit of a sprinkle out brizzy way last night. when the guys left, i settled down for a few minutes and then it started to rain. and did not stop. got up for a few hours middle of the night to make sure i wasn't washed away. seems that the creek, just a few isolated ponds on sunday morning, was now a raging torrent. has maintained this height almost all day - scary as more storms on way this arvo - but during the night must have been about 8 to 10 foot higher, from the look of a lot of the stuff washed into the tress. means it would have been flooding through under my house. foundations very soft and spongy around the concrete holding the girders. if you don't hear from me again...

post-9-1227162586.jpg

post-9-1227162645.jpg

post-9-1227162681.jpg

post-9-1227162738.jpg

Just watching some of the carnage on ACA now.

Some very nasty stuff indeed.

If it makes you feel any better, the weather down South has been similar(ish) though, not nearly as devastating.

Yeah but as I look at it, I see trees which are doing just fine. Then there is your house. It is made of wood. Wood comes from trees. Thus you my friend, are good to go.

i'll take one of the 100 foot tree lying at the base of my house, washed up last night.

will do it later as we are back in full thunderstorm mode.

see you guys tomorrow, i hope.

get out some sandbags and redirect the flow through the kitchen. Should take care of the mess we keep hearing about. And any rodent trouble. :lol:

Seriously though, stay safe. Keep your cigars high and dry.

:devil2: Good one!

Stay safe Ken...

we got some more solid rain and another cracker thunderstorm over night (about 30 minutes after rob texted me to say, don't worry the storms would miss us). the water level seems to have come up again during the night but not quite to the night before, and is still flowing like it is the kayak course for the olympics, but with luck, it will start to recede a little today.

thanks for all the kind thoughts. and no real rodent problem here. the snakes take care of that (unless you mean rob and smithy etc).

we got some more solid rain and another cracker thunderstorm over night (about 30 minutes after rob texted me to say, don't worry the storms would miss us). the water level seems to have come up again during the night but not quite to the night before, and is still flowing like it is the kayak course for the olympics, but with luck, it will start to recede a little today.

thanks for all the kind thoughts. and no real rodent problem here. the snakes take care of that (unless you mean rob and smithy etc).

Not to worry peoples we have been keeping a close eye on Gargett just in case he gets washed away.

Rob and I have already divided up the bounty;

• Rob gets all of Gargett's Fly Fishing gear
  • Smithy gets the humidor and all cigars within that are not water damaged
  • Wine cellar will be sold off to pay for Cuban holiday in Ken's memory, all are welcome to jon us :jester:

Not to worry peoples we have been keeping a close eye on Gargett just in case he gets washed away.

Rob and I have already divided up the bounty;

• Rob gets all of Gargett's Fly Fishing gear
  • Smithy gets the humidor and all cigars within that are not water damaged
  • Wine cellar will be sold off to pay for Cuban holiday in Ken's memory, all are welcome to jon us :jester:

not hard to see who worked this out. rob gave me the humidor and it broke down soaking a few boxes a few years back - so why would he want that back.

rob also wants to finally catch some fish and assumes it must be the gear and not his inate lack of ability (sorry, just joking of course) as to why no one has ever seen him catch anything.

and the cellar, good luck finding it. you think i'd keep the good stuff here? you guys visit.