Por Larranaga Belicoso Extra (2008 Regional Release) EMA

the volume of smoke and mouthfeel is way better than the PL Robusto. One of the most notable things is the oil. If they're all the same, then they'll have the legs to last for decades, but they're a briliant smoke right now. It doesn't get much better than that!

The Robustos are very enjoyable -- I believe you just sold another box of these Belis for Rob....

Still would like to see a sampler of these and the Bolivar Shorts offered :cigar:

The Robustos are very enjoyable -- I believe you just sold another box of these Belis for Rob....

Sorry Bud, wasn't trying to dint any bank accounts. I think they really are that good. The one I smoked was still roughly humidified but the flavour profile was outta this world. I'd fire up one of these over a Mag 50 any day and I was pretty impressed with the Mag 50. I don't recall exactly what Rob said about them in his review but he suggested they were dark, ominous (God knows, you know Rob). I do understand what he was thinking though. There's another level to these that I really can't explain. I'd have said "solid" but that depth doesn't mask a lot of subtle nuances through the life of the cigar. I wish I'd taken some notes now...

Good to hear from you Bud, it's been too long.

Cheers,

Al.

• 11 months later...

PL Belicoso RE EMA JUL 08

Picked up a fiver at about $20 each

Wrapper was light Copper in color, minimal veins and oily......very pretty cigar w/ band but does it taste good?

Pre draw was floral

Initial puff was pepper and leather, reminded me of a Partagas

Flavors include pepper, leather, light expresso, caramel, grass.........Also a nice touch of Honey Thai wings through out entire smoke.....divine

Cigar was Medium and complex

Great blend, a real sexy cigar if you will

Nice cream surprise after the first 1", kind of like Sugar Babies candy

Heavy smoke and tight White colored log as an ash

I loved this cigar, could smoke everyday if they were not so expensive........highly recommend

9.25/10

Bart

• 5 years later...

Question, these over the Encantos or SLR Pacificos? Maybe Punch Sabrosos? All well aged now and still to be found....

• 3 months later...

Hello,

just wanted to see if anyone has tried this stick recently..if so, comments welcome. I was thinking of picking up a box smile.png

thank you in advance!

Jimmy

I have been smoking these for the past few months.. they have aged nicely. Caramel, honey and toasted tobacco, a real treat.

Question, these over the Encantos or SLR Pacificos? Maybe Punch Sabrosos? All well aged now and still to be found....

Right now, I would definitely take the Encantos over all of these, but the "Pleebs" have a few more years before they peak, I believe the Encantos are peaking now.