Another Colorado newbie

bjm

Hi All,

Well I've been a casual cigar smoker for about 10 years, mostly non-Cubans. In 2001, a friend gave me a gift of two 5-packs of Cohiba Siglo V's. To me, they are a great cigar and I have been reserving them for special occasions. Each time a smoke one of these Cubans, I wish these rest of my humidor was filled with them!

After enjoying another one of these a few weeks ago, I decided that I needed to expand my definition of "special occasions". :D So, without much research, I ordered a cabinet of Cohiba Siglo IV's from an online vendor. Well, as you might guess, I received fake Cohibas. Awesome packaging, but no triple caps and some green filler. Anyhow, this forum helped educate me on suspect Cuban cigars and I really appreciate the shared info.

So I'm here to learn more about true habanos and to share my experiences.

Cheers,

Brent

welcome aboard! I have definitely been burned in the past as well, but fear no more. You have found a great resource here not only for top notch smokes but also for outstanding info and a great community of people.

Welcome to FOH Brent. You can expect to find a bunch of us Front Range locals at Havana Manor S (Louisville) next weekend on the evening of the 25th for some good cigars, laughter and UFC.

» Howdy Brent! Where you at? We were out in Silverton & Ouray this summer.

Howdy bassman! You were sure in a beautiful spot this summer! I'm located in Monument...just north of Colorado Springs.

You know, in the 16 years I've been in Colorado, I've never been to the southwestern part of the state. :crying: I think I need to take more vacations.

» » Howdy Brent! Where you at? We were out in Silverton & Ouray this summer.

»

» Howdy bassman! You were sure in a beautiful spot this summer! I'm

» located in Monument...just north of Colorado Springs.

»

» You know, in the 16 years I've been in Colorado, I've never been to the

» southwestern part of the state. :crying: I think I need to take more

» vacations.

SW CO is beautiful. We go out every few years. Also went up Pike's Peak this time. Never been there before. Hot as heck in Manitu, but sleeting at the summit.

• 4 weeks later...