APB - An Illustrated Encyclopedia to Post-Rev...

Hi all

Quote lifted from Nino's flying Cigar

As for his upcoming second Edition, all sounds very exciting and technically perfect regarding the photography and printing details.

Min Ron Nee generously invited me this month to Hong Kong to personally see and report on the progress of the second Edition which I am regrettably unable to do,

"About the report on the next edition MRN book. I sincerely invite you to come to Hong Kong to visit me for the report.

The shocking resolution achieved by using 8 x 10 films and 350 line screens offset printing has to be seen to believe."

But I am waiting for the progress update and the technical details on the second edition and will share it here on my site as I receive it.

Nino

After reading this on Nino's site I am really looking forward to this next Edition.

As an offset printer myself I can tell you that the format and screen lineage used on this second edition will be out of this world in regard to quality.

350 line screens are very difficult to print believe me :yes:,but i believe that the end result will be truly astonishing ,approaching continuous tone pictures AKA(photographs )

I for one cannot wait for it to be released ,where do i sign up ,MRN's first book was amazing but this one will be out of this world visually

speaking ,academically ,well it goes with out saying

Thanks for the Heads up Nino :P

And thanks to Min Ron Nee a true man of passion for the love of the Cuban Cigar

Cheers OZ :D

Thanks to all for the kind comments -

I have just received the information on the second edition with a load of technical details and links that will make OzCuban happy ( I very much hope to have your feedback as a professional on those :rolleyes: ) and hope to have it all online by tomorrow ( say day after in down-under ) and share it with you.

Also some highly interesting pictures on the studio, the equipment and the back breaking work of taking all those photographs.

Regards

Nino

After reading this on Nino's site I am really looking forward to this next Edition.

As an offset printer myself I can tell you that the format and screen lineage used on this second edition will be out of this world in regard to quality.

350 line screens are very difficult to print believe me :yes:,but i believe that the end result will be truly astonishing ,approaching continuous tone pictures AKA(photographs )

I for one cannot wait for it to be released ,where do i sign up ,MRN's first book was amazing but this one will be out of this world visually

speaking ,academically ,well it goes with out saying

Thanks for the Heads up Nino :clap:

And thanks to Min Ron Nee a true man of passion for the love of the Cuban Cigar

I have just received the information on the second edition with a load of technical details and links that will make OzCuban happy ( I very much hope to have your feedback as a professional on those :rolleyes: ) and hope to have it all online by tomorrow ( say day after in down-under ) and share it with you.

Also some highly interesting pictures on the studio, the equipment and the back breaking work of taking all those photographs.

Regards

Nino

Thanks Nino

will look forward to it ,with much anticipation

WOW!! I have been traveling my brains out for work and unable to post, but this thread sucks me back in like a Black Hole pulls light. Not to be sac-religious, but MRN book is without a doubt my Bible. I own two copies, one is beat to death because it travels with me everywhere, the other is pristine in my closet next to my limited editions Stephen Kings. I am in the Atlanta airport and was almost arrested because I jumped for joy when I read that MRN was going to publish a 2nd edition. Nino, Thank you so much for joining and bringing this wonderful news! Much as I hate to admit it, I would much rather meet MRN, than Stephen King!

I have just received the information on the second edition with a load of technical details and links that will make OzCuban happy ( I very much hope to have your feedback as a professional on those :cigar: ) and hope to have it all online by tomorrow ( say day after in down-under ) and share it with you.

Regards

Nino

Hello again,

just posted the Update report on the second edition by Min Ron Nee with some highly interesting and exclusive insights in the work in progress, the studio and the equipment used in this back-breaking work as well as 11 photographs by the author.

Here's the link - Enjoy :

http://www.flyingcigar.de/friends/2010_08_...tion_update.php

Nino

And a picture of the studio by MRN :

post-4742-1281453108.jpg

Nino...thanks for your efforts and the great infor from MRN...much appreciated. Looking forward to seeing the completed second edition of his book.

Can't wait for this new edition! I've been trying to restrain myself from buying the first edition and holding out for this new one. Which this book came leather bound so I could buy a bible stand and put it next to my humidor :2thumbs:

Also awesome to see Nino on this forum sharing all his amazing gathered intelligence ;)

Excellent, Nino, thank you.

Wow - 1000 to 2000 pages. That will be great! The original 2003/2005 edition had about 500. But, no doubt, he has tracked down and photographed many of the "missing" cigars from his original addition, plus, like Magste said, the inclusion of pictures and information about the Limited Editions and the Regional Editions will definitely add a bunch to this volume.

Sounds like the pictures are going to be phenomenal!!!

Thanks So much Nino.

Wow!!! I just went into your link and read about his equipment. INSANE! I am a bit of a photo bug and his equip and setup in HK inside his own garage no less, borderlines ridiculousness. This is a man that will not accept anything but perfection. Oh I wish he would also do a book about chinese tea. I totally look forward to the second edition.

OMG Nino........... I just read your latest post on the new book... My God, this really is amazing.

The hardware, effort, fascination, ... unbelievable. I really thought that MRN would be outsourcing all the photographing and printing, and that MRN only wrote the text, but no...

I have the 'old' version, but this will be a Masterpiece.

This is monk's labor ! Not only the writing and assembly of the book, the investigation for the best hardware, but the search and collection of all those rare cigars !

HATS OFF ! :D

Can't wait for this new edition! I've been trying to restrain myself from buying the first edition and holding out for this new one.

Couldn't help myself... I bought the 1st edition just last week, arrived today, I love it! will definitely by the 2nd edition though :D

Thanks Nino

Your post is absolutely amazing as is MRN's latest project. :clap:

I cannot state enough how good this book when it is finished,it will be a major award winning publication for sure.

MRN has set himself quite a mountain to climb,as he states not many printers or photographers would be able to produce a book with such high specifications But knowing the man he is and armed with the knowledge he has I am sure he is more than up to the herculean task,

and I wish him all the very best on his quest ,his Opus as to speak

Once again thank you for your post ,and pass on my regards next time you speak with him

Cheers OZ :angry:

Guest CheapBastid

Wonderful news. It looks gorgeous!

I bought several hundred of the 1st Edition back in the day, great memories of the group buys. I don't know if I'm up for another round of them, but I know I'll have to have a few copies for myself.

I could still kick myself that I didn't buy Helmut Newtons Sumo when it was released. After reading about the 2nd edition in progress of the MRN bible I#m not going to make the same mistake twice. Maybe its time to start a savingsaccount because this piece of art sounds pricey. but it will probably age nicely.