APB - An Illustrated Encyclopedia to Post-Rev...

I'm very interested in buying this book. Has anyone seen it out there on sale for less than $140 delivered? There are two on Amazon right now going for almost $300. Any help would be appreciated. Or if anyone wants to unload their copy I'll be happy to buy it.

yep, email Lisa. Its not much cheaper than the price you asked to keep it under but have no doubts it will arrive safetly.

» I'm very interested in buying this book. Has anyone seen it out there on

» sale for less than $140 delivered? There are two on Amazon right now

» going for almost $300. Any help would be appreciated. Or if anyone wants

» to unload their copy I'll be happy to buy it.

I'll have a new shipment arriving within the next week @ $139.99 (free Priority US shipping)!

I hope this helps

~Mark (Cigarmony.com)

» I hear there is a new edition in the works so maybe hold out a little

» longer.

From what I hear, it's a LONG way off (years) and Min is writing another book right now (non-cigar related)

I hope this helps

~Mark

» I'm very interested in buying this book. Has anyone seen it out there on

» sale for less than $140 delivered? There are two on Amazon right now

» going for almost $300. Any help would be appreciated. Or if anyone wants

» to unload their copy I'll be happy to buy it.

Definitely get it from Mark at that price: Great value including shipping and a book well worth having. Even if there's a new edition out in 2-3 years this will have paid it's way in info over the next few years.

» » I'm very interested in buying this book. Has anyone seen it out there

» on

» » sale for less than $140 delivered? There are two on Amazon right now

» » going for almost $300. Any help would be appreciated. Or if anyone

» wants

» » to unload their copy I'll be happy to buy it.

»

» I'll have a new shipment arriving within the next week @ $139.99 (free

» Priority US shipping)!

»

» I hope this helps

»

» ~Mark (Cigarmony.com)

Do you have a retail location or is your business strickly on the web?

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread, but I just got a copy of the Encyclopaedia from a local shop last week. They had a 1/2 dozen or so in stock, and yes, that many, and the actual verified book, still wrapped in plastic. Retail price was $250 Canadian. Yes, quite the ouch, but impossible to find anymore.

» longer.

From what I hear, it's a LONG way off (years) and Min is writing another book right now (non-cigar related)

I hope this helps

~Mark

Stay tuned for news on the progress of the II Edition ............... :2thumbs:

Nino

Ditto, purchase off Mark to cut down on shipping costs (in in North America) but Lisa also has them.

I had looked around for this book for a while, and had read previous threads on FOH about sources for this. I always kept an eye out for this book on Cigarmony, but it was never in stock, so I figured that it was relatively sold out. Didn't realize that you, Rob & Lisa, had them too.

I'm presuming that you guys might have them for a couple of dollars less. Yes, $250 CDN is quite the hefty price. But, I know that the price for this book has been going up and up as it gets more and more hard to find. I definitely wanted to get a copy of it, and it's still worth it, even at that price.

Stay tuned for news on the progress of the II Edition ............... :clap:

Nino

Nino, thanks for the head's up. Yeah, I saw on Cigar Reviewer (I think it was) a mention that MRN was working on a new version for the end of 2010, to come out in early 2011 or 2012 - that way, it could cover the full 50 year spread following the Revolution.

Even though I just (finally) got this 2005 edition, I would still get a newer 2nd Edition. It's all well worth it. MRN appears to be a guy that has my enthusiasm, love, and geniune interest in Habanos, just the same as me, but the BIG difference is that he has billions of times more resources. :2thumbs:

I'm definitely a fan of what he did with this. And, like he says in the intro, a lot of it is just his impression and opinions - you're free to take them for what they're worth (same as any other reviewer or magazine). Each cigar is entirely different. Love it.

Stay tuned for news on the progress of the II Edition ............... :2thumbs:

Nino

On a side note, Nino, glad to see that you're a member on here. I didn't realize it.

I've read a number of articles from your online blog at The Flying Cigar, and your pictures, words, and zest for the "good stuff" is infectious to read and enjoy.

Pleasure to meet your acquaintance (as well as that of all those on here).

@ CanuckSARTech : Thank you for the kind words !

As for the information on the projected II edition Encyclopedia, give me a few days and I'll be back.

@ CanuckSARTech : Thank you for the kind words !

As for the information on the projected II edition Encyclopedia, give me a few days and I'll be back.

Noted. Cheers Nino.

Next time you fly into Ontario, Canada, you'll have to give us Canucks a head's up! :D

• 2 weeks later...

» longer.

I hope this helps

~Mark

Do you think it has anything to do with tea?

I'm still tuned in

Thanks for the patience -

I have received the technical details plus pictures of the studio and the equipment and have been promised an outline on the progress of the second edition for publication in my site in the coming days.

You can be sure that I'll post the information/link here.

For now, enjoy the reports on two very rare and extremely excellent cigars that we smoked yesterday courtesy of Min Ron Nee -

and an in-depth review of one of them by good friend Gino aka "Mr. Japan" .

http://www.flyingcigar.de/friends/2010_08_...ristal_tubo.php

http://www.flyingcigar.de/friends/2010_08_...upmann_no.4.php

Regards

Nino

post-4742-1281298485.jpg

Thanks for the patience -

I have received the technical details plus pictures of the studio and the equipment and have been promised an outline on the progress of the second edition for publication in my site in the coming days.

You can be sure that I'll post the information/link here.

For now, enjoy the reports on two very rare and extremely excellent cigars that we smoked yesterday courtesy of Min Ron Nee -

and an in-depth review of one of them by good friend Gino aka "Mr. Japan" .

http://www.flyingcigar.de/friends/2010_08_...ristal_tubo.php

http://www.flyingcigar.de/friends/2010_08_...upmann_no.4.php

Regards

Nino

post-4742-1281298485.jpg

Excellent. Thank you, Nino. Those pictures all looked delicious! :P

Cheers.

Thanks Nino

Great news would love to see a second edition.To fill in the gaps as to speak.Also a big congratulations on your web site always a joy to read and informative to boot ,keep up the good work ,it is appreciated

Cheers OZ :rolleyes: