Maybe leave the labels on your Maduro 5 boxes

With my boxes of San Cristobal Murallas and Cohiba Piramides I've used a rag with a little WD40 on it until all the glue was removed. Then I wiped again with a rag soaked in a mild hand soap and water, then dried off immediately. Paint remains unharmed. ;-)

i worked in graphics, vinyl lettering and other random laminating exhibit jobs. the best thing to remove any stickers or smears smudges or glue residue's is heptane or bestine. it will remove anything without compromising any surfaces as well as painted ones. you may be able to pick up some at your local home depot or hardware store. works twice as fast as any goo-gone products.

now removing those sucky arse labels from paper wrapped dress boxes? that's another story! magic maybe?

:-D

» From the paper wrapped boxes, I have used a hair dryer before that works

» well. The tacky remaining glue is something I am still working on, but

» babypowder has worked.;-)

My wife had a bottle of some body oil which I've used successfully. I was afraid it might stain the paper, but using less oil and more elbow grease has done a pretty fair job so far.

plain 'ol tap water on a damp rag works perfectly on paper covered dress boxes as well ...

after the stickers are removed with a hair dryer , lightly rub the gluey paper surface with a damp rag and as the glue absorbs the water it becomes mushy ... then it easily and cleanly wipes away.

i've done this on every box of sticker-laden cigars i have ever bought - works like a champ and i don't have to worry about the smelly side-effects of various "solvents" being introduced into my Aristocrat humidor....

give it a try....

-gyosa

» plain 'ol tap water on a damp rag works perfectly on paper covered dress

» boxes as well ...

»

» after the stickers are removed with a hair dryer , lightly rub the gluey

» paper surface with a damp rag and as the glue absorbs the water it becomes

» mushy ... then it easily and cleanly wipes away.

» i've done this on every box of sticker-laden cigars i have ever bought -

» works like a champ and i don't have to worry about the smelly side-effects

» of various "solvents" being introduced into my Aristocrat humidor....

»

» give it a try....

»

» -gyosa

I have some boxes I've yet to clean, so I'll try this over the weekend. Thanks!

There's a product called Goo Gone, which works really well to remove any sticky residue from peeling off these annoying stickers. It's too bad PCC doesn't just let our friends at Czar House leave the stickers off any international shipments!

» nice moves alex my friend... hahaha!

»

» this is just another reason your living in japan atm isn't it? damn

» government... =D

Japan doesn't seal such f***ing stickers on tobacco products as you say though, If he really hate it, He doesn't import it from Australia.

By the way, Will you give some of genios? Alex :-D

• 3 months later...

This seems pretty obvious in retrospect.

As any of you who have ordered from Rob will know, the Australian government puts big health warning stickers on boxes of cigars that say things like “Cigars are not a safe alternative to cigarettes” and have a blown up colour picture of a tongue cancer.

Removing these labels with a hairdryer is fairly simple and effective, but it leaves your box all sticky from the glue. A little nail polish remover, however, does the trick and dissolves the glue pretty well. Turns out it also dissolves the paint on Maduro 5 boxes...

image7189.jpg