smoking ban???

SMOKING would be banned for everyone born next year, junk food would be taxed and everyone would be subjected to a fitness test by 2020.

What the hell?

Health stream participants in the 2020 summit also discussed increasing public education about how death can be a "positive experience" to avoid patients panicking when they reach hospital emergency departments.

:rotfl:

For some of the "nations greatest minds" those are some pretty bad ideas in my opinion.

» SMOKING would be banned for everyone born next year, junk food would

» be taxed and everyone would be subjected to a fitness test by

»

» What the ****?

»

» Health stream participants in the 2020 summit also discussed

» increasing public education about how death can be a "positive experience"

» to avoid patients panicking when they reach hospital emergency

» departments.

»

» :rotfl:

»

» For some of the "nations greatest minds" those are some pretty bad ideas

» in my opinion.

Yeah, that was my same reaction.

Don't know how accurate is the article. I was browsing around and I stumbled upon it..... anyone hear about this?

Is it accurate? Is that site a reliable news source?

It only mentions cigarettes, but will any tobacco related product (cigars) be next?

Health stream participants in the 2020 summit also discussed

increasing public education about how death can be a "positive

experience"

I hate to admit it, but I can think of several times in my life when death was a really "positive experience" for me. Of course, it was someone else's death...

» Anyone read this? How accurate is this article?

»

» See link:

»

» http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23566...5016657,00.html

Interesting nutty article. Positive death? HAHA They should elaborate more on that.

Freedoooooommmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

» increasing public education about how death can be a "positive

» experience"

»

» I hate to admit it, but I can think of several times in my life when death

» was a really "positive experience" for me. Of course, it was someone

» else's death...

there have been one or two (actually far more than that) really bad hangovers...

and that dreadful evening in '03 when the poms beat us in extra time, to win the world cup, but other than that.

this is what comes of tossing a bunch of do-gooders, bleeding hearts, moon worshippers and whack jobs into the same room and suggesting they save the world. and there we have the entire thing orchestrated by kate blanchett. for christ's sake, the woman is an actress and as anti-australian as it is to say so, i've always thought a fairly average one, with a few decent performances tossed in. she is not the second coming. if this is the best we can do...

Guest Warren

. and there we have the entire thing orchestrated by kate blanchett.

» for christ's sake, the woman is an actress and as anti-australian as it is

» to say so, i've always thought a fairly average one, with a few decent

» performances tossed in. she is not the second coming. if this is the best

» we can do...

Lets face it Ken Little Kevin has always been a media tart. He has always liked hanging out with famous people like actors and sports people . This is just another chance for him to say look at me playing with the pretty people.

How stupid do you have to be to believe that just because someone is a famous actor they must know how to save the world.

Isn't that the same as saying " Hey man , your a garbage collector , go over there and clean up that nuclear waste."

» performances tossed in. she is not the second coming. if this is the best

» we can do...

Sad isn't it. Still, it's not like the voice of the boiler-suited-militant-feminist-tree-huggers-type isn't getting louder. All they need is someone in federal parliment dumber than they are to inact it...Oh dear, this could actually happen.

» increasing public education about how death can be a "positive

» experience"

»

» I hate to admit it, but I can think of several times in my life when death

» was a really "positive experience" for me. Of course, it was someone

» else's death...

I was thinking exactly the same thing. . .

Can´t we all chip in and buy an Island somewhere to create our own smoking laws? Seems like countries all over the world competes over the most stupid health laws when it comes to smoking.

Say...

Is Cuba for sale? I´ve heard they got an hell of an surfing team and really nice cigars. :cool:

We all know who could be the President. :-D

1000 of our "brightest" attended a conference overseen by our Prime Minister to come up with 10 great ideas. They had two days :lol:

Interestingly only 4 participants were drawn from the realm of small business. The major employer in this country.

All 1000 were handpicked and in essence reflected the idealogical Left bent of the Labor Party Government. No surprises there.

I have no problem with the purpose of the summit. I suspect however that our Prime Minister Kevin Rudd knows full well that actually believing such a summit is reflective of the beliefs and ideals of Australian populace is political death.

Smokers are no longer the only pariahs in this country. Fast food company's, liquor company's, gambling, fat people, people that don't exercise....you name them and they are on the hit list of the "brightest 1000".

Yet, many of the proposals would alienate voting middle Australia. Talk about opening a Pandora's box.

» 1000 of our "brightest" attended a conference overseen by our Prime

» Minister to come up with 10 great ideas. They had two days :lol:

»

» Interestingly only 4 participants were drawn from the realm of small

» business. The major employer in this country.

»

» All 1000 were handpicked and in essence reflected the idealogical Left

» bent of the Labor Party Government. No surprises there.

»

» I have no problem with the purpose of the summit. I suspect however that

» our Prime Minister Kevin Rudd knows full well that actually believing such

» a summit is reflective of the beliefs and ideals of Australian populace is

» political death.

»

» Smokers are no longer the only pariahs in this country. Fast food

» company's, liquor company's, gambling, fat people, people that don't

» exercise....you name them and they are on the hit list of the "brightest

» 1000".

»

» Yet, many of the proposals would alienate voting middle Australia. Talk

» about opening a Pandora's box.

I am suprised they had the energy to come up with any ideas after two days of grandstanding, backslapping and mutual masturbation that was the 2020 summit.

I certainly hope my tax money did not get spent on flying a multimillionaire like Ms Blanchett to Canberra to prepare an issues paper on the arts. Somehow I know my hope is forlorn. What a complete waste of time.

And what do they come up with?

Ban things they don't like or increase taxes on them. Pure rocket surgery.

That's the answer - increase taxes or ban something - and then spend the tax money on getting a bunch of w*nkers together to talk about it - don't spend it where it is actually needed like on actually improving the health or education systems. That would be too difficult.

This country is probably about to enter into a recession (following the US) and the best we can do is have actors telling us how to run the country.

This from people who are so shallow and insecure they spend their lives pretending to be someone else.