Cohiba Seleccion Reserva Robusto

CIGARHead

Cohiba Seleccion Reserva Robusto

Flor de Cana 7 y/o and OJ

*First let me say sorry for the crappy pictures. My wife had the camera at a party and all I had was my iphone to snap a few grainy pics with.*

I had to smoke in the garage this night because it was cold and windy. I really dont like to smoke in there, but I tried not to worry about it and powered on.

Construction is perfect and smell at cold was a mix of tobacco and a bit musty. I notice in this pic that Scarface is now shooting off a CSR Robusto instead of an AK47:-D

c8.jpg

Serrated the cap to reveal "the Divot" everyone loves. Prelight draw revealed a perfect draw and a deep tobacco profile.

c3.jpg

1st third: From the 1st puff you think to yourself “this is a special cigar”. The start tastes like a well aged regular production Cohiba Robusto, but with some Don Juan and Ahhhnold Schwarzenegger mixed in. Vanilla bean and lightly creamed coffee and a punch that makes we do a double take.

c2.jpg

2nd third: Strong green tea and honey…but still most predominant is the vanilla bean. This sucker is getting so strong now that when exhaled through the nose it makes my eyes water! There is such a mix of great flavors coming through that I wish this was a Double Corona…and then I start to wish these were made in cabs of 50.

c6.jpg

Last third: The CSR Robusto hasn’t given a hint of slowing down. There is no bitterness or harshness. It is so easy to pick these flavors out because they are so strong and revealing. Down to the nub and I just hate to have to put this down. It was such a great cigar and one of my top cigars I have smoked.

c4.jpg

Mel included this one in a trade as well. He asked me to determine if this was in fact the best cigar I have had. I told him it’s hard to say because so many cigars taste so different and therefore I can’t say I have a favorite. I can tell you that this cigar is sooo good that I bought a box of the Cohiba Seleccion Reserva’s the day after smoking the Robusto.

I rate it 98/100

Outstanding review and you are certainly on a roll.

I enjoyed the picture of the pup trying to get as low as possible to look out the garage, mine do the same thing. Beautiful pup by the way, that bread has always been a favorite of mine but the wife is scared of them for some reason.

» Excellent review. Do you know if this came from an 02 or an 03 box? Some

» people say that the 02's CSR are far superior to the early 03 boxes that

» are still readily available.

I think I sent him Dec. 02 but I want to say I have recently tried some out of a Feb. 03 box and they are great. I am not really sure if there is much difference.

I can say that these are the best robusto that I have ever smoked.

» » Excellent review. Do you know if this came from an 02 or an 03 box? Some

» » people say that the 02's CSR are far superior to the early 03 boxes

» that

» » are still readily available.

»

» I think I sent him Dec. 02 but I want to say I have recently tried some

» out of a Feb. 03 box and they are great. I am not really sure if there is

» much difference.

»

» I can say that these are the best robusto that I have ever smoked.

It is definitely up there in my favs. The box i just got of the is from 03 and they look and smell the part.;-)

» Outstanding review and you are certainly on a roll.

»

» I enjoyed the picture of the pup trying to get as low as possible to look

» out the garage, mine do the same thing. Beautiful pup by the way, that

» bread has always been a favorite of mine but the wife is scared of them

» for some reason.

Thanks. Yes, Sadie loves to peek under the garage door. I swear she sleeps with one eye open too. Common misconception about Dobermans. Its all how you raise them. She was brought up around kids and has never been violent towards anyone that didn't deserve it.;-)

Great review! I've read many reviews on Cohibas and have still not had the chance to try one. I'm seriously enclined to go ahead and purchase a box, however just haven't take the plunge.

I can just make out your reflection in the glass while snapping the picture...lol.

Got an 03 box in Nov 06 for my anniversary. I smoked one of the media coronas then and smoked one of the Robo's last Nov. The Robusto was hands down the best Cohiba I have ever smoked. And it's in the rotating top 5 cigars I have ever smoked as well. :-)

» The Robusto was hands

» down the best Cohiba I have ever smoked. And it's in the rotating top 5

» cigars I have ever smoked as well. :-)

if you guys liked the robusto so much, you should try very hard to get a hand on the esplendido reserva. A kind of cigar that make you sweat! But do not smoke it without something in the stomac, you could regret it:-D

for me the best churchill ever (with goods Sir W) as well as the torpedo... and the rest of the boxe! Amazing cigars, definitely the best in the "Reserva" series...

» » The Robusto was hands

» » down the best Cohiba I have ever smoked. And it's in the rotating top 5

» » cigars I have ever smoked as well. :-)

»

» if you guys liked the robusto so much, you should try very hard to get a

» hand on the esplendido reserva. A kind of cigar that make you sweat! But

» do not smoke it without something in the stomac, you could regret it:-D

» for me the best churchill ever (with goods Sir W) as well as the

» torpedo... and the rest of the boxe! Amazing cigars, definitely the best

» in the "Reserva" series...

I looked and found out that it was an 03 cigar that I sent you. There are four Esplendido in the box of thirty cigars and I find the Esplendido and the Robusto to be the best two in the box. The others are merely better than anything else in a regular box.;-)

• 1 year later...

Totall agree with OP. Last night I had this Cohiba Reserva Robusto from a Jan 03 box and it was easily the best Robusto I have ever had. I dont want to sound overly dramatic but it blew away the Dunhill Cabinetta I had recently in terms of flavor and complexity. I would go as far to say that the box is worth a buy just for the 6 Robustos alone. The best Cohiba I have ever experienced and I am not a Robusto fan in general.

These boxes are still widely available at great prices. I dont know why because everyone should have a box of these in their collection. I have gone thru an 02' box, working on the Jan 03 box and I see no difference in the quality of the cigars contrary to popular wisdom on these cigars.