4 digits not fakes

Ken Gargett

rob was querying a box number which listed the year in full - i have lost your original note and photo, rob, so perhaps you might want to post here to provide an example?

i've only ever seen digit year references, such as 'Feb 05', and not 'Feb 2005'.

we checked with havana and this is the reply from a friend there.

Ken

I traced the info early this morning. They say are genuine boxes. Some factories are stamping the factory code with four digits. I've heard from Tabacuba that a factory in Villa Clara is using the four digits but nothing official is released about that specific subject. It's strange we have not been informed about that because as of today I have not heard anything about changing or adding more digits. ???? Maybe some slip at the factory may have occurred.

You know, Tabacuba Business Group is the owner of the factories and all the directives comes from them. I called them today again and they weren’t completely aware of the “slip” but at this moment they assure me those are genuine boxes.

We received an official response from Habanos Wednesday confirming that they are legitimate.

Habanos s.a has also requested that if our FOH members have any concerns regarding aurhenticity, they can forward to me (and I will forward through Nestor Valera) :

1. Photo's of the concern.

2. Photo of Box code

3. Details of Vendor from who product was purchased (where, when).

4. Your specific concern in writing.

****Please note that they are not interested in stock purchased from non authorised Habanos s.a. vendors. This would open floodgates.****

» Rob/Ken -- thank very much for the tip.

»

» ... I do, though, wish there was more consistency on such packaging

» matters.

So do I. But you can't smoke a box code....so it is low on the worry list.....:-D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...