Just Wanted to Introduce Myself...

Deal was this... I was so damn excited when I got the order that I was in the middle of having a brain fart. The cellophane was promptly removed when I had settled down a little bit... First in what is sure to be a long line of rookie mistakes.

Glad to see such friendly response!

» Deal was this... I was so damn excited when I got the order that I was in

» the middle of having a brain fart. The cellophane was promptly removed

» when I had settled down a little bit... First in what is sure to be a long

» line of rookie mistakes.

»

I think what the guys are driving at is that these cigars should not be cello wrapped -

they do not come with cellophane on them.....

Um thanks again for pointing out my exact level of rookie. The, um, cello was put on the sticks to keep them from mixing flavors with those around them since all sticks weren't the same... Bad thought (brain fart like I mentioned earlier) on my part and it was promptly remedied. I mean, I think at this point it might just be better to play ignorant but if I did that then none of you would know if I was learning anything, right? Like the humidor that I just got... Cuban Crafters... don't know if i got robbed or not but I didn't see any posts concerning humidors anywhere on the net that I felt I could trust. And I feel like as long as I'm honest (opening myself to *** jokes at this time probably) here then I'm going to get an honest response and thats all that really matters to me! Let the berating begin, just know that i'm totally capable of dishing it out once i have my feet under me, mates!

» Let the berating begin, just know that i'm totally capable of dishing it out once i have my feet under me, mates!

Onya! Don't let them intimidate ya... might want to heed the advise of some real pros round here (definitely not me :no: )... but at the end, they're your own smokes and you can do what ever you bloody well like to.

Anyways... Cheers & welcome!

Beau, it's a just a bit of an oddity to see those particular cigars in cello. Personally, I

don't think you need be concerned about naked sticks of different marques lying

next to each other, though you may want to sort by country of origin, or at least

Havanas / NCs.

In the end, as stated above by Zuma (and is oft stated by Mel), they are your cigars -

do with them as you see fit. If you want to wrap them in cellophane, latex, or studded

black leather, that's your business.

Beau,

The comment about the cello was after you stated that you were oh so new to this that you wanted to learn, yet in your first photo's posted, there are several Habanos that are in cello, which would never be in cello if they were authentic Habanos. Seeing a Hand Made Cuban cigar in cello is a sure sign of a FAKE. Same as Glass Top Boxes of Cuban cigars, they are just FAKE. As for the flavors marrying with each other, that takes a lot of time in proper storage conditions, and from the fullness of your humidor, I would suspect that the cigars would not last long enough for that situation to occur (At least I know that I would smoke those fairly quickly as I often smoke 2 a day and sometimes more).

Glad to find out that you placed the cello on the cigars and not that you received them that way from a vendor. Read, learn, ask questions and enjoy the forum, no one here will bash you, while some good natured ribbing will and can happen, this is a great forum to participate in.

» In the end, as stated above by Zuma (and is oft stated by Mel), they are your cigars - do with them as you see fit. If you want to wrap them in cellophane, latex, or studded black leather, that's your business.

HELP! I am being brainwashed here... indeed that IS Mel's line!!! That should be a warning to you Beau... I need shrink already!

» Beau,

»

» The comment about the cello was after you stated that you were oh so new to this that you wanted to learn, yet in your first photo's posted, there are several Habanos that are in cello, which would never be in cello if they were authentic Habanos. Seeing a Hand Made Cuban cigar in cello is a sure sign of a FAKE. Same as Glass Top Boxes of Cuban cigars, they are just FAKE.

Listen to this man Beau, he knows of what he speaks. Back in the day, Tampa also pointed out to me that the Hecho en Habana is always branded on the bottom of the box, never stamped.

BTW, welcome to FOH.

I'm learning all the time!!! And let me reiterate that I can take a ribbing... I'm not always going to understand the exact point of every comment, but I will treat this board like family. All of the habanos that were in the humidor are g.o.n.e. gone - smoked up and I'm looking forward to receiving the robusto sampler that lisa put together for me recently!!! (in t minus 11 hours!) Also I will post pics of the new humidor when it arrives!

So about the cello... that is WONDERFUL to know that mixing flavours shouldn't be a worry unless being stored long term!!!

And about fakes... on a recent trip to belize I bought several sticks that were not the Cohiba's and Punch's that they claimed to be. I only learned this once I smoked them, but oh well. That is the absolute last time that I don't take my book of habanos bands with me!!! So if you find yourself in San Pedro, Belize just consider yourself warned. The only habanos are on the mainland.

Until next time,

Still loving the feedback,

beau

• 1 year later...

I'm Beau. A friend introduced me to this site when he placed an order a little while back. 26 and a college student working on getting into medical school in Jackson, MS. Don't worry, there will continue to be pics of my ugly mug for a long time to come...

image3315.jpg

Heartfelt thanks to Rob and Lisa for the well stocked humidor.

image3316.jpg

image3317.jpg

image3318.jpg