Cohiba Robusto

log1k

I've always wondered why the fakers intentionally put in the little differences when they could easily exactly replicate the original band...

I can only surmise is that if they get busted they will get in less trouble because of the differences. I've noticed a similar thing with fake clothing at local markets and such. For example the Nike Swoosh will be a little different than the genuine article...

Sorry for your bad luck.

» here is the band....

»

» cimg04745cl.jpg

»

» I have smoked a lot of CoRos in the past and this has matched the

» profile....I've also seen dark CoRos as well. As for the band, I think

» its spot on...

»

» P.S. This came from the LCDH in Mexico..

Log,

Of all the information you've provided. This is the clincher. If you're looking for definitive evidence that this cigar is counterfeit, it is in this band and the lettering on it.

Wilkey

» » I have been there before but look at it this way you have alot of people

» » here who will help you not make the same mastake again..

»

» I know, I work hard for the money I spent on these cigars :-|

»

» Thanks to everyone...

I know what you mean. I also work hard for mine and feel betrayed when someone misrepresents with intent to take my money!

I hope you try to get the box replaced with real ones! I know that would make me feel much better! ;-)

And thank you for the educational experience!

Just seeing this thread, and from the photo's, I was suspect from the roughness of the wrapper, and then the "Tail-tell" signs of the "Tooth" of the wrapper by the oil pockets in the ash. The bunch looked totally off to me as well and as other have mentioned the band is a dead give-a-way. Order some from Rob and try a real CoRo and experience the difference. Thanks for sharing the review, and while it may have been rolled with some nice leaf, it was not a real Cohiba.

While I agree with most everything on this post (and yes, it is indeed a fake) I'd just like to point out that toothiness on a wrapper and oil pockets are not always a tell tale sign that the cigar is fake. I've had numerous "genuine" cuban cigars that exhibited a toothy wrapper. The band on this cigar was plenty enough to identify it as a counterfeit. Better luck next time and no shame in outing a vendor that purveys fake cigars (knowingly or unknowingly).

OK it's a fake but what about the enjoyment you have and how it demanded your attention? I hate say it here but I've had fakes better than the real deal. I told my source never to lie to me again about authenticity! If they are good just tell me that and let me decide whether to buy or not.

» Go for the Canon A530. It's a winner and inexpensive too. No supermacro

» mode though. Find the discontinued A430 for that.

»

» Wilkey

Thanks for the suggestion, Wilkey. Yes, it is a necessity if I'm going to continue posting any pictures! ;-)

The tobacco looked booked. I don't analyze bands that closely but the construction and lumpiness of that cigar should have been a dead giveaway. Sorry you got ass raped Log1k. That blows. You need a new Cohiba connection. I think I know a guy.......;-)