Cohiba Robusto

log1k

Let me preface this by saying that this is my first review ever , and that my palate is not as refined as some of yours, so bear with me. On Friday I decided to smoke my last Cohiba Robusto. Needless to say I wasn't disappointed.

cimg04135oe.jpg

cimg04191fn.jpg

cimg04396ln.jpg

cimg04485kg.jpg

cimg04513zh.jpg

cimg04650no.jpg

This was one of the best looking CoRos I had ever seen. Very sexy to say the least :). I cut it using my Palio and burned it with my new mini creme brulee torch. Instantly I was hit with a ton of flavor, the flavor you'd expect from a CoRo. After the flavor bomb I began paying attention, hell I had no choice but to pay attention, this cigar was demanding it ! I didin't find the CoRo quite as "grassy" as a Siglo VI, but in my opinion I find it more refined(thats what I smoke more of them). The smoke was in abundance and very creamy...gave me that full feeling. If I had to pick one flaw it would have to be the draw. It was actually too loose for my liking, but I guess it's better than it being plugged.

Cohiba Robusto: 90/100 - a classic

Must say that wrapper looks a little rough and bumpy for Cohiba brand.

Also i never seen a Cohiba wrapper with that many shades of dark browns.

Were did you get it ?

Also nice first review keep them coming....:ok:

» the cigar looks to dark to be a Cohiba.

all the pics look a bit dark - it can be tough to judge color given

variables in lighting, etc.

I recently bought an ashtray, that I thought was going to be a gold

color, due to how the website pics looked. It ended up being dark

pewter in color.

» » the cigar looks to dark to be a Cohiba.

Yeah I noticed how dark the cigar was as well. Really dark.

Take a look at the band too. The I in Cohiba looks to be off centered. I grabbed a band from my coolidor and the I in Cohiba is directly in between the H and B.

» » » the cigar looks to dark to be a Cohiba.

»

» Yeah I noticed how dark the cigar was as well. Really dark.

»

» Take a look at the band too. The I in Cohiba looks to be off centered. I

» grabbed a band from my coolidor and the I in Cohiba is directly in between

» the H and B.

Yes, you're right. Even in this grainy webcam shot you can see the even spacing. Bear in mind there are some very tasty knock-offs that are good cigars even thought they MAY not be what their labels profess.

Picture00003.jpg

Man, I have to get a decent camera if I'm going to be doing this! :D

Steve

I dont want to upset log1k but what i really think it is a fake.

I am a nut when it come to Cuban cigars and very passionate about this hobby like the most of us.

And i can tell fakes most of the time and have been wrong in the past about my conclusions .

The wapper looks Mexican, Honduran or Nicaraguan.

Most Cohiba robo in my 6 + boxes that i have smoked from many vendors have always been a classic flat colored brown and not oily as much as the sample above in the pic.

Also there seems to be to much oil pockets in the ash i have seen alot of this with Honduran or Nicaraguan tobacco.

Even the foot of the cigar the way Cuban tobacco is rolled (bunched) looks as if it was not rolled the Cuban way.

It all comes down from where Log1k got the box.

As we all know we see new things coming out of Cuba that we have not seen before that also leads us to be fakes in which there not when chimed in by even more experienced smokers.

That band is way off and the (I) is a dead giveaway.

Also the Gold Line around the word Cohiba is thick it should be a thin gold line around Cohiba.

Also the Gold line that is across the band should be a wider size than the Gold line around the word Cohiba .

Which if you look good they are the same size lines thats a no no.

The Line that goes across the whole band should be wider than the one around the word Cohiba which should be alot thinner.

I was told also that the Stamp that stamps the word Cohiba is one worded stamp no margin for error like the (I) on your band.

Also, the loops in the C in "Cuba" are wrong. The upper "tail" shouldn't cross back into the closed loop. The lower tail, I've seen what I knew to be real ones where the lower tail barely touched the main body of the C, but never where it's crossed back over it.

Very bad copy your right Lopez Havana Cuba the letters are way off from the real one's.

Sorry Brother.

Well at least you know where you can get the real one's..:ok:

Remember we are here to help each other and alot of us have been taken to the cleaners in the past.

» Also, the loops in the C in "Cuba" are wrong. The upper "tail" shouldn't

» cross back into the closed loop. The lower tail, I've seen what I knew to

» be real ones where the lower tail barely touched the main body of the C,

» but never where it's crossed back over it.

BINGO!!! You beat me to it. Your Habano, Cuba is way off.

I am NO WILKEY... but comparing my Lancero label (from the Czar) to your Robusto label... yours is way off.

My conclusion: Your Robustos are fake. JMHO. Hope I am wrong.:-|

» I have been there before but look at it this way you have alot of people

» here who will help you not make the same mastake again..

I know, I work hard for the money I spent on these cigars :-|

Thanks to everyone...

Initially I must say I was very angry that it was a fake, but now I just want to thank everyone for pointing it out. I looked my other Cohibas and the bands were very different. Chalk it up to expierence...as they say live and learn.

Thanks,

George