The obligatory intro...Herfcastin\' greetings!

Dogwatch Dale

Hello to all those I recognize and greetings to my new brothers & sisters of the leaf! I've been lurking for the past couple of days, read all the rules and I like the lay of the land so far. Since finding cigar forums on the net a little over a year ago, I hang out on several others. Perhaps FOH will become another cigar home!

My name is Dale, and although I'm a newb on FOH, I've been smoking 'gars for over twentyfive years. My tastes vary quite a bit. I smoke a lot of boutique cigars, many of the big name NC's and love many Habanos. I also smoke my pipes a bit and prefer english blends and virginia flakes. I'm barely still on the south side of 50 yrs young.

As for more boring details, my wife & I live in northern Colorado. My other passions are firearms, hunting, woodworking, scuba diving and sailing. I have a 700 bottle wine cellar with one area set aside for my scotch & ports.

My co-host Bob & I produce a weekly cigar podcast, the Dogwatch Social Club. We have been doing that for almost 18 months now and were the first (as far as we can tell) cigar podcast on the net. We are still the leader in the genre and our shows are downloaded over 12,000 times per month & are heard in over 40 countries. We strive to be laid back and maintain a "no snob" policy about our passion. No matter where your cigar comes from, how much or little it costs or if it's a household name or a no-name stick, we believe you should "smoke it if you got it" and not worry about what everyone else thinks.

Well, enough of that - it's not my intention to be advertizing, just letting you know. I do still consider myself a noobie and always will. There is so much to learn about the cigar industry that very few folks will ever really get to be what I refer to as a true FOG. I can only hope to live long enough to get close! I'll chime in from time to time if the mood stikes or the conversation is good. You won't see me responding to every post though. I believe in keeping my mouth shut and my brain open.

I look forward to lively, civil and fun interactions here at FOH.

» Welcome, Dale. I got a CD of one of your podcasts in an order I placed

» with www.Cigarmony.com, and I've listened to your podcasts a few times since then.

» I've enjoyed them.

See Dale, I told you I need more :-D

~Mark

» » Welcome, Dale. I got a CD of one of your podcasts in an order I placed

» » with www.Cigarmony.com, and I've listened to your podcasts a few times

» since then.

» » I've enjoyed them.

»

» See Dale, I told you I need more :-D

»

» ~Mark

Ok Mark, I guess I'll have to work on getting you some more CD's.

BTW, Bob signed up here a couple months ago, but I don't know if he plays along much.

To everyone else so far, thanks for the warm welcome. I must be gettin' old, 'cause I know (or have conversed with) most of you!

Welcome Dale and thankyou for a great introduction. I have downloaded your last podcast and will listen to it over the weekend.

Have you heard about Ken? If you are looking for an interview subject who knows wine, cigars, food....who is a bon vivant in any setting + highly respected within the industry......e-mail Lisa Goreta ([email protected]) ;-)

Dale, Welcome to FOH,

I must be getting old, as I have not heard any of the Podcast's, but that could be because I don't have an Ipod. You contribution to the forum will be well received. While our main focus is Habanos and the finer things of life, we do discuss all aspects of our lifestyle. Welcome aboard!

Tampa

» Welcome Dale and thankyou for a great introduction. I have downloaded your

» last podcast and will listen to it over the weekend.

»

» Have you heard about Ken? If you are looking for an interview subject who

» knows wine, cigars, food....who is a bon vivant in any setting + highly

» respected within the industry......e-mail Lisa Goreta ([email protected])

» ;-)

Thanks for letting me hang out here. Actually, I was thinking of asking you and Ken if you'd be willing to talk with us, perhaps after the Festival trip in Feb. I'll contact Lisa to see what we can schedule.

» Dale, Welcome to FOH,

»

» I must be getting old, as I have not heard any of the Podcast's, but that

» could be because I don't have an Ipod. You contribution to the forum will

» be well received. While our main focus is Habanos and the finer things of

» life, we do discuss all aspects of our lifestyle. Welcome aboard!

»

» Tampa

Don't need an iPod, just head to our site and listen right there!

» Just listened to show #94. Love it. Is it possible to download your shows

» on CD so I can listen to them in the car? Thanks.

Thanks for the kind words!

Sure, you can save any or all shows & burn mp3 or wave files from them - many folks do that. If you set up your computer to automatically download each new episode (from iTunes or using any other podcast aggregator software, free by the way) you can burn CD's away to your hearts content. Also, you can go to our Show Notes page on the website and download each show individually - just click on "download show".

For a primer in podcasts if you're new to the ins & outs, check out www.podcastalley.com