Sancho Panza Sanchos REC 00EU

Thanks for the review Rob. I recently opened a box, with another buried. It's Winter, cold and snow and 2+ hours on the deck is an issue this time of year, but come the lovely days of Spring, I'll be ready.

» Thanks for the review Rob. I recently opened a box, with another buried.

» It's Winter, cold and snow and 2+ hours on the deck is an issue this time

» of year, but come the lovely days of Spring, I'll be ready.

It's a great cigar to smoke during a football game. I broke into my box of Sanchos during Monday Football a few weeks back and it lasted nearly the entire game!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Sancho Panza Sanchos REC 00EU

9 1/4 inches (235mm) and 47 Ring Gauge.

I seldom have these "A" style cigars. I seldom have 2 + hours to devote to a cigar. But alas it was 2pm Friday afternoon and some of the local FOH crew were popping around for a cigar and champers. To be honest, I just wasn't in the mood for working so I sorted some glassware, chilled the Pol and started upon this impressive cigar.

image1802.jpg

image1803.jpg

image1804.jpg

One of the reasons I stay away from A size cigars is that I have had draw problems in the past. There is nothing worse than a nine inch cigar with a draw problem. This cigar however was beautifully constructed. Nice chocolate wrapper, no hard or soft spots and a smell at cold of breast milk (sugary milk....stop laughing...it was the first thing that came to mind).

Cuban clipped the cap to find a luxurious draw....ever so slight pull required. Slight sweet and salty taste on the lips. Nice.

Fired up the cigar and let it settle into stride. Huge gobfulls of smoke which I love. Through the nose was only a hint of spice. This cigar is mild to medium. On the palate was that charactheristic Sancho Panza Salty Sweetness....soft, lilting. One minute the salty note and the next the sweet milk sensation. Some aniseed notes.

image1805.jpg

Into the mid portion of the cigar and neither the body of the cigar nor the flavour profile changed. Mild/Medium....Salty, Sweet with toasted tobacco. Gorgeous. It is hard to complain about a change in complexity when the cigar was complex from the start. The sweetness was gaining the ascendancy over the saltiness as the Sanchos worked through to the final third. Perfect balance. So enjoyable.

image1806.jpg

I nubbed this cigar. If ever a cigar was to be enjoyed with Margarita's then this is it. The saltiness returned to combat the sweetness in the final third and it was an interplay that had me spellbound.

They come in boxes of 10. They are discontinued. Get a box and put it away. They deserve a place in the humidor and as at Saturday morning they found a home in mine.

92/100 5/6 Smokerings.