Czars is moving to a New store

Well after 6 years in our salubrious surroundings we are moving into new premises come October.

Heritage building less than a minute from the CBD with dedicated carparking.

The building has a small courtyard and 90 m to play with.

What would you like to see in a great cigar clubhouse?

Needless to say if it is not commercial I would can it immediately but what features of your favourite haunts presses your personal buttons to keep you going back?

Your help would be invaluable.

My shop has about 4 TV's all on their seperate channels but only 1 with the sound on (the rest is just news channels). Then for the lounge area there is a big L shaped leather couch/sofa with some chairs to the side and a coffee table in between with the ash trays. There is always free soda/coke and also B.Y.O.B. and a coffee/espresso maker. It's a nice set-up but I'm sure not the best. I like it and try to go whenever I have free time.

Now if only they sold cubans so I could buy something there :-D ;-)

Lots of places to sit and chat, along with a chess/checkers or game area. I've always enjoyed the cigar related magazines and sports magazines.....and last but not least....wine and booze!!!!! Could care less about the boob tube....except for Football saturdays and sundays......

TR

Fantastic news! :clap:

All I ask for is a Chesterfield, a good coffee and some reading material to research the next major splurge....

Naturally there is going to be a FOH members gala opening isn't there Rob???

<<< what features of your favourite haunts presses your personal buttons to keep you going back? >>>

I would say attractive women in miniskirts and go-go boots to light my cigar, an iced cappuccino machine, NFL football and WWF wrestling on the big screen.....and of course my good friend Lisa :yes:

A liqour license. If this falls through - a deal for members with a connecting or close-by bottle shop or bar where you can purchase drinks from a cellar full of great reds, a liqour cabinet full of imported rums, scotches and cognac's and Chimay beer which can be consumed on your premises as it is a registered clubhouse. Waitresses could even take orders and runners could do the purchasing and drinks brought to your armchair. This service could be included in club fees and available during peak times. Otherwise bottles can be purchased by patrons at the bottle shop and then served by friendly staff. This works in a small scale at The Hyatt in Melbourne. But 90metres! I'm moving to Brisbane.:-)

» Well after 6 years in our salubrious surroundings we are moving into new

» premises come October.

»

» Heritage building less than a minute from the CBD with dedicated

» carparking.

»

» The building has a small courtyard and 90 m to play with.

»

» What would you like to see in a great cigar clubhouse?

»

» Needless to say if it is not commercial I would can it immediately but

» what features of your favourite haunts presses your personal buttons to

» keep you going back?

»

» Your help would be invaluable.

Rob,

That is great, I am so glad that their will be a dedicated car park. The worst part of where you are now is the traffic and parking. Anything that you add will be well received. My suggestion is comfy seating and a welcoming design. Really keen to see the new location.

Ross...

Rob, I would def say alchohol...If you cant get a liquor license or dont want to shell out mucho deniro for one, at least beer and wine..hell you could just have Ken in the "backroom" pouring up drinks prohibition style;-)

Aside from that it would be very conveniant to have individual humidor lockers for paying gold members that want to rent a home away from home for their cigars.

Nice couches and chairs, preferably dark leather, a few TVs, maybe a dart board and pool table...if the pool table is not in use you could have a pre-made top to put on it for the dancing girls to climb atop and show us what they workin' wit. This is starting to sound good. Rob if you need a "buyer" or "strategic planner" for all your clubhouse needs Im your guy. You could just pay me with cigars, sounds like a deal huh?:ok:

Great for ya'll but to far to make a difference for me. Good cigars and good people is all you need.

Done got dat.;-)

Wow...revolutionary and not what I had expected. Let's see...the essentials appear to be:

Booze.

TV for Sport.

Women

Bar

Comfortable Sofa

I am glad I didn't spend the money on a Marketing company focus group :lol2:

We will be having lockers and big LCD/Plasma screens only for major sporting events. The rest of the time they will be showing our FOH forum.

I would love a live internet feed but Lisa has vetoed the idea. I may just have one in the humidor.

Am applying for a club members only license for restricted hours.

:-D

Honorable El P,

Congrats on the new digs!

I must say I'll miss Merlo's coffee on my next visit. Like my first CoRo and Sig I, that cup that you served up still lingers on my mind's palate!

Beggin' the pardon of the First Lady, but I'm with you on in store Internet connection. Wi-fi is in all the Starbucks here,for a fee, and in Panera at no cost! You be amazed at the number of 30-40 something guys online there, yes, including me. Wi-fi is the wave of the future!

All the best on the new store!

dont make your dress code like fidels in melbourne were you have to near be wearing a suit to get in. also keeping the cigars resonably priced. big comfy chairs and a good wide selection of cigars.

The local cigar shop I go to seem to have designed it pretty well. It is situated in a busy shopping center so that my wife can "drop me off" while she busies herself shopping for clothes and more wicker baskets. In addition to their location, they've stocked the shop with free soft drinks and all the espressos and cappucinos you can drink before your hand shakes so bad that not even the best made Cuban can hold more than a half a centimeter of ash. They also have several very comfortable leather couches, armchairs, and plenty of magazines. Best part though, the manager always schedules at least one very cute college intern whose only job is to make her way around the room and talk to the customers. He gets the interns from the local university's marketing program. Brilliant!!!

» Well after 6 years in our salubrious surroundings we are moving into new

» premises come October.

»

» Heritage building less than a minute from the CBD with dedicated

» carparking.

»

» The building has a small courtyard and 90 m to play with.

»

» What would you like to see in a great cigar clubhouse?

»

» Needless to say if it is not commercial I would can it immediately but

» what features of your favourite haunts presses your personal buttons to

» keep you going back?

»

» Your help would be invaluable.

Rob,

I would love it if you organised a monthly evening, whereby us less knowledgable members could learn a little more about cigars and related issues.

That would be great. I would love to learn more about cigars in a comfortable forum.

Ross...