Partagas Serie P No. 2

CIGAR: Partagas Serie P No. 2

DATE: August 12 2006

SIZE: 52 X 6 1/8"

SHAPE: Piramide

ORIGIN: Cuba

I just had to write about me experience with this one.

We had finished dinner an hour or so before and I was finishing getting the little guy ready for bed so I handed him off to mommy to finish what I started and I went outside to the deck with this cigar and a rocks glass 1/4 full of Ron Zacapa 23 Anos rum.

The cigar was a well constructed Piramide with a medium colorado wrapper that showed a few hints of viens and for some reason seemed much more oily around the top inch of the cigar than the rest. I clipped a small bit of the end off at an angle and drew. There was a stong cedar taste in the pre-light draw (could have just been the box it was stored in)

I toasted the foot and as I began to smoke I detected the Partagas "spice" right away. It was more present here than in any of the other Partagas I have tried. The cigar had an easy draw but not loose by any means. The first third was loaded with the rich Partagas "spice" as well as a creamy coffee flavor that came and went. The body here was medium at best (not like most of the other Partagas I have tried) and milder than expected but the tastes were awsome. It burned even and the ash held all the way until the end of the first third.

The second third revealed milder flavors but the body began to pick up. I could still taste the spice but it was now milder and was accompanied by a fresh tobacco taste.

In the beginning of the last third the Partagas spice came back in full force as well as a full body. I noted coffee here but this time it was less creamy and more like fresh roasted grounds. I smoked this cigar happily all the way to the nub.

I would say that this cigar is the best in the last ten cigars I have smoked. It burned well throughout and had excellent complex flavor and body. I could tell that the cigars in the same box will age very well (they wont last that long though). I look forward to having one of these that has three years on the box code. I have a feeling they will be out of this world.

Five out of six smoke rings

» I just had to write about me experience with this one.

»

» After this line, the rest of the review read with a cockney accent!

»

» Taisty revu of a right taisty smoke, Diggy!

Love em'! :-)

Im smoking one of these right now, nubbing this fine smoke actually, haha. This is the 2nd of this cigar ive had, and both have been excellent. Definately have that classic partagas flavor which i love. These are definately box worthy and on my list of future purchases.

I bought 5 of these about three months ago. I smoked the first 2 about a month ago. Unfortunately, they both had only enough of a draw to tease me and had to be abandoned for reasons of preserving my mental health. I guess I should "dry box" the next one I try. I still have no idea how good this cigar can be. Here's to better luck with the last three.

» CIGAR: Partagas Serie P No. 2

» DATE: August 12 2006

» SIZE: 52 X 6 1/8"

» SHAPE: Piramide

» ORIGIN: Cuba

» AGE: FIM NOV 05

»

»

Thanks for the review!

I smoked 2 PSP#2's this weekend from SVF 04 2005. Both smokers and non-smokers commented on the quality of the aroma from these beauties! A little milder than the rest of the party line, more along the line of the PSD4, I find there was a sweetness to this cigar that went well with Rodney Strong Cabernet.

» I bought 5 of these about three months ago. I smoked the first 2 about a

» month ago. Unfortunately, they both had only enough of a draw to tease me

» and had to be abandoned for reasons of preserving my mental health. I

» guess I should "dry box" the next one I try. I still have no idea how

» good this cigar can be. Here's to better luck with the last three.

I had the same problem. Bought a box AGO 05 in Feb. Let them sit for a month. Tried the first one and no go. Tried the second a month later and same. Very frustrating. In May reopened and wow. Time heals.

» » I bought 5 of these about three months ago. I smoked the first 2 about

» a

» » month ago. Unfortunately, they both had only enough of a draw to tease

» me

» » and had to be abandoned for reasons of preserving my mental health. I

» » guess I should "dry box" the next one I try. I still have no idea how

» » good this cigar can be. Here's to better luck with the last three.

»

» I had the same problem. Bought a box AGO 05 in Feb. Let them sit for a

» month. Tried the first one and no go. Tried the second a month later and

» same. Very frustrating. In May reopened and wow. Time heals.

Thanks for the information CWS, it's good to know. I'll try another one in about a month

» » »The ones I got were so beautiful to look at I was truly frustrated with the draw and taste. How can a cigar look so good and then not perform. The humi I put them in is at 60 to 61% by the way.

Thanks for an excellent review and thanks especially for using the smoke rings rating scale that I have been advocating on other boards for years!

My own experience with this cigar has resulted in my now owning 5 boxes of 10. I was very skeptical at first becuase (to my taste) the Partagas Pirimide EL was such a complete dud. Cubatabaco has hit a home run with this version of the Partagas Pirimide!

......... I was very skeptical at first becuase (to my taste) the Partagas

» Pirimide EL was such a complete dud.

WHAT ??

Smoked one lately ?

I agree , they SUCKED when new ..... lousy draw , flat taste and bitter .... my thoughts at the time were - "what's the big deal , they SUCK !" I put them away and forgot about them .....

But now , whole 'nother cigar ! Fantastic smoke ... i have 3 out of 4 boxes left - and wish i had had the foresight to buy more ....

-bk

» I have some from the 1st release. They have very light wrappers are are

» outstanding. X:-P

That Partagas Pirimide LE has divided opinion more than any other cigar. People either love them or hate them. I must say that I have not had a bad one.

It's nice to hear some positive feedback on these. I recently picked up a few and have them resting. The PSD4 didn't really "light my fire," so i'm hoping for a better experience with the PSP2.

Thanks for the post. :-)

» It's nice to hear some positive feedback on these. I recently picked up a

» few and have them resting. The PSD4 didn't really "light my fire," so i'm

» hoping for a better experience with the PSP2.

»

» Thanks for the post. :-)

Am still sitting on some PSD4's and some Lusitanias that just arent coming around, but oooohhh la la the PSP2's are awe inspiring. Like smoking peanut butter. Give the PSD4 some time; it too is outstanding when it hits stride.

» I have some from the 1st release. They have very light wrappers are are

» outstanding. X:-P

Damn, I hate to hear that, trying not to touch my last 6 boxes from the initial release for a few more years :-(

» ......... I was very skeptical at first becuase (to my taste) the

» Partagas

» » Pirimide EL was such a complete dud.

»

»

» WHAT ??

»

» Smoked one lately ?

»

» I agree , they SUCKED when new ..... lousy draw , flat taste and bitter

» .... my thoughts at the time were - "what's the big deal , they SUCK !" I

» put them away and forgot about them .....

»

» But now , whole 'nother cigar ! Fantastic smoke ... i have 3 out of 4

» boxes left - and wish i had had the foresight to buy more ....

»

» -bk

Double agree mate I was way underwhelmed. I have two boxes left after suffering through the first one. I should try them again. How are the new fresh ones smoking just in case I decide to buy more?

»

» Double agree mate I was way underwhelmed. I have two boxes left after

» suffering through the first one. I should try them again. How are the new

» fresh ones smoking just in case I decide to buy more?

Try them again .... i think you'll be surprised....

Let us know your thoughts !

I am afraid i can't offer an opinion on the PSP2 , as i haven't had the pleasure yet of smoking one !

-bk