Wedding Cigar?????

Hi All,

I am getting married in September and I want to have a couple of cigars to celebrate with my fellow groomsmen. What I would really love is if you could give me your opinion of the best cigar that we can smoke that would match the situation.

I have four groomsmen and only two of them smoke, but that wont stop us.

No doubt you can all guess where I will buy them from (Brisbane) so it would be good if it were a brand that could be sourced from that particular retailer. Rob your opinion would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance

Ross...

Ross.....

Don't ask for any marriage advice from me. PJ did while in Havana and came back to call off the engagement :-|

Carton pack (each individually packaged) of Cohiba Lancero or Cohiba Siglo III

Carton essential so that you can place your cigar in your suit pocket without damaging it.

Look forward to catching up mate!

My sig is from my wedding and I can't even tell you what it was, just a cheapo from the local tobbaconist. It was just for the photo and nothing else!

The bride had done a fantastic job of spending every cent we had on the day but some how I managed to pull 6 Cohiba VI's and a bottle of Saltram No.1 '98 out of my ass. The entire day was a blur except for 1 amazing hour between ceremony and reception.

So my advice to you would be buy whatever, but find the time to ENJOY IT!!!!

Since it's only four groomsmen and you...and maybe the fathers...I would splurge for some Monte Mill Robustos. Smooth, elegant & sophisticated. Mild enough for the non smokers yet tastey & special enough for the regular smokers. (Also, the Cohiba Reserva Piramide has a similar sophistication but in a different flavor profile and these are readily avialable and usually on sale).

I would also recommend picking up a special 05' box. Then on each wedding anniversary smoking one. Hopefully you will be able to smoke one/year for 25 years! Take a box of Esplends and age them for that long and you've got yourself a real treat.

Congrats!

~M

BTW - The vendor in Brisbane does stock the Montes & Reservas and both are very good from them.

» Since it's only four groomsmen and you...and maybe the fathers...I would

» splurge for some Monte Mill Robustos. Smooth, elegant & sophisticated.

» Mild enough for the non smokers yet tastey & special enough for the

» regular smokers. (Also, the Cohiba Reserva Piramide has a similar

» sophistication but in a different flavor profile and these are readily

» avialable and usually on sale).

»

» I would also recommend picking up a special 05' box. Then on each wedding

» anniversary smoking one. Hopefully you will be able to smoke one/year for

» 25 years! Take a box of Esplends and age them for that long and you've

» got yourself a real treat.

»

» Congrats!

» ~M

»

» BTW - The vendor in Brisbane does stock the Montes & Reservas and both are

» very good from them.

You wont be dissapointed with Cohiba Seleccion Reserve . Size: Esplendido or Pyramid)

These are the cigars that if I had to choose 1 to smoke for ever it would be them

I was the bestman in a wedding today and we all smoked 02 Partagas Coronas...

Cohiba Lanceros are some of my very favorite smokes but sometimes you might as well use them as railroad spikes...I've been very disappointed with plugged Lanceros in the past so I never make them my special occasion go to smoke...unless you plan on bringing a whole box just to be on the safe side...

Siglo 6's in the tubes have to be the nicest presentation I have ever seen....these are a good choice if you're worried about people damaging them by placing them in their jackets...good luck...

» Siglo 6's in the tubes have to be the nicest presentation I have ever

» seen....these are a good choice if you're worried about people damaging

» them by placing them in their jackets...good luck...

Damn... that is good thinking. I would have to agree. Easy draw, impressive smoke, great taste and will even stand up to a tux and a night of dancing. Good idea!

» I fully concur with Marks suggestion to pick up a box of 05 cigars as a

» momento.

»

» :-D

Thank you all for your input. I think I will just cancel the honeymoon and spend it all on cigars.

I think I might go the Cohiba's, just have to buy them now. Thanks for your comments.

Ross...

whatever you decide to smoke that day, do this: pick up a box of those cigars dated with the month of your wedding. then smoke one from the box each year on your anniversary.

i have done this with two boxes: PSD4's and PL pc's. well, i had to compromise with the PL's and take a cab from 3/04.

bruce

I'd say you don't want to get something that's too long, or your lady will start complaining.

Also, it better be one helluva good cigar since it's your freaking wedding.

So i'd say go for the PSD4 reservas.

» I'd say you don't want to get something that's too long, or your lady will

» start complaining.

» Also, it better be one helluva good cigar since it's your freaking

» wedding.

» So i'd say go for the PSD4 reservas.

i'd say just smoke something that is a favorite of yours. don't smoke a cigar that is going to cost you an arm and a leg. you'll be too busy talking to people on your wedding day to enjoy it, much less remember it.

bruce

not that you necessarily want to think like this but smoke the best ones you have. don't forget that the wife'll get half in any divorce settlement (i used to be a laywer). and before rob starts on me, how was daydream and why were you there?

» not that you necessarily want to think like this but smoke the best ones

» you have. don't forget that the wife'll get half in any divorce settlement

» (i used to be a laywer). and before rob starts on me, how was daydream and

» why were you there?

Ken,

Thanks, but I think she would just chuck them in the bin in the divorce. Surely we could get a prenup for the cigars, or future earning potential of said cigars.

Ross...

I'm getting hitched myself next summer, and just put away a few Siglo VI Tubo's for the occasion. I can't imagine a better fit. Quality, taste, presentation. The whole nine.

I do like the box with matching date idea. The fiancee thought it sounded good too...Maybe I'll be able to talk her into a box of VI Tubos dated that month...