Partagas Serie D. No. 3 EL 2006

Box arrived today. Thanks, Lisa. I can't recall seeing a more beautiful, and smelling a more aromatic cigar than these magnificent Coronas Gorda. And they look and smell like Partagas, not generic EL's. Deep scents of cedar, and classic barnyard, wood, and spice. I can forgive the ordinary SBN box. Now the wait begins. Tick... tick... tick...

Anybody try one yet? What's the early impression?

» Box arrived today. Thanks, Lisa. I can't recall seeing a more beautiful,

» and smelling a more aromatic cigar than these magnificent Coronas Gorda.

» And they look and smell like Partagas, not generic EL's. Deep scents of

» cedar, and classic barnyard, wood, and spice. I can forgive the ordinary

» SBN box. Now the wait begins. Tick... tick... tick...

»

» Anybody try one yet? What's the early impression?

No Bob,I haven't tried one yet. I've been spending all my $$$ on customizing my new Harley. I gotta get back min the game.

Smoked one yesterday during a round of golf in Jersey. Started out a bit green but developed nicely after the first third. Loved the cigar. Classic Partagas taste mixed with a bit more class and complexity. Gonna be EXCELLENT after a long nap. The next one I try will be a year from now. I can already see that I will be ordering another box of these.

I smoked one at the RTDA and must admit being underwhelmed. Fear not however... by that time I had likely smoked 25 cigars within a few days! Additionally I was not enthralled with the original release and am not the epitome of an EL fan.

I smoked one last night. As stated above, it started tasting green, but picked up nicely. I tasted some very rich flavors throughout, with some intermittent "too young" flavors until the final third. Although these will probably be much better with age, they are suprising good already.