Need Member Help...In deep doodoo

El Presidente

Let me paint you a picture.

We have been flat out at work. Yesterday, my saintly wife Angela asked if she could come into the city, pick me up and head off to buy some luggage for our family's week holiday coming up on DayDream island.

No problem I thought, time was tight as I had a meeting at 1pm but sure. She came in we purchased the said luggage and she gave me a hug and asked if I had time for lunch. I said that as much as I would love to, I had a meeting to get to. She asked if I had anything planned for dinner....I said no and that I would be home at 7:30pm as normal. No problem...another hug, a smile and I headed back to the store and she headed home.

I arrived home at 7:30pm to be greeted at the front door by my son Ben and daughter Becky opened the door and asked "Dad...have you got the cake".

"What cake?"

"For Mum's 40th birthday"

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I apologised as no man has apologised before...but she was great (that was the scary part).

I have sent an entire years cultivation of flowers to my house today with a card saying "Happy 40th + 1 day Birthday"

What else can I do....How much trouble am I in?

PS..I blame Lisa for not reminding me ;-)

Ooohh, sounds like you're in a bit of a pickle.

If I had ever forgotten any of my girlfriends birthdays in the past, I would've gotten the "you don't really love me", "you only think of yourself" treatment for days.

However, your better half seems to be quite a reasonable and compassionate woman. In my opinion, I'd say pour on the romance and spoil her rotten :) Oh, and don't blame other factors for forgetting...that seems to just infuriate women more so.

She must REALLY love you, otherwise you'd be walking around "without your mahood" so-to-speak.

The flowers are a great start, good luck Rob!

Rob,

I hate to tell you this, but Diamonds, Rubies ans Emeralds are a Gals best friends, Missing the 40th is going to cost you, bad my friend! Flowers are nice, but they tend to wilt after a week or so, and she is not soon going to forget. I full day at the spa so that she can be pampered and enjoy the special attention might also work to your advantage somewhat, but all I can say is:

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Tampa

Prez..........I have a saying and it works. If you get into trouble, jewelry can get you out............along with some very nice treatment.

If they really like you, they will forgive you....JUST don't let it happen the following year ;-)

Jeez Mate!!!!!!

You do not understand the dark forces you have released.

You will be in the dwang for many years to come. Whatever you do.

Jeez.......forgeting her 40th!?

You now have major damage limitation to perform.

Despite Angela's demeanour, she is so pissed off with you.

(this is a voice of experience speaking)

Don't do the jewelery thing. Too obvious & will always be looked upon as a "get out of jail card"

Think outside the box.

For example:

Shopping trip to Milan (Yes, the one in Italy, Europe).

New car. A proper one, not a 4x4. A Jag or TVR etc.

You get the drift. Use your imagination.

Good Luck. You're going to need it.

:crying:

you could try telling her that it simply wouldn't compute that she was 40. tell her you dabbled with being *** but she has saved you. get a real job. realise that it is all over and come to lunch woth your mates. move to cuba. start thinking that perhaps this is evidence of a divine being with a sense of humour. join the priesthood. start by not being even more dumb than you have been and taking any notice of advice from me re women.

that is massive, even for you (and wasn't it just this morning i got an email addressed to moron?). justice for all.

» I apologised as no man has apologised before...but she was great (that was

» the scary part).

You're right El Prez, the scary part was the smile and the "it's O.K., I know you are busy..."

This is a tell tale sign of a woman scorned. Now, quickly pack your bags and go to the nearest hospital and check yourself in before she does it for you.:-(

...or you could just take her out to a nice dinner, leave the kids w/ the nanny and get her some diamond earings.....and say you had this night planned since last month. :ok:

act like you MEANT to ignore it, so as not to draw attention to her 40th. you've got to play it real smooth, though.

then you better gift her with both barrels.

this kind of worked on my wife's 30th. NOTE, however, that this will NEVER work with forgetting an anniversary.

EP…

It seems that ALL here have forgotten the very basis of this site… you simply need to dig into your vast vitola chest, pull out one most cherished cigar and toast it. Enjoy the smoke like no other.

Having done so, stand up, bend over, grab your ankles and firmly kiss yer arse good bye!

NOW, despite all that, remember, the deeper the doodoo… the sweeter the makeup sex (albeit, now many years away!):no:

Cheers mate!

"Honey... I did not forget your birthday! The fact is you don't look a day over 25!

Show me your birth certificate! No way you are 40... No way."

If that does not get you off the hook you're ****ed! -Piggy

Guest hellbub

Be grateful she's the one who agreed to go through life with you, and let her know again and again, that you love her.

Guest Sailor

Hey Boyo, I thought I had trouble for the past ten days but you win the "non competition". Don't worry till the kids are saying she is having lunch with her lawyer again !!!! Really, she knew it was dangerous when she got hooked up with you, pay your respects, apologize and move on. If ya don't, it'll hurt both forever.

Iwill be away from June 18-26.

Have booked a week at Day Dream island tropical paradise as a surprise.

She is still smiling although I did notice a knife on her bedside table. It was only a small knife....for knitting I suspect.:lookaround:

I hope I make it until the 18th ;-)

Thankyou for some excellent advice :lol2:

» She is still smiling although I did notice a knife on her bedside table.

» It was only a small knife....for knitting I suspect.:lookaround:

»

Mate... if she's only 40 and already knitting in bed, you've got MUCH bigger worries on your mind than one could have imagined!!!:crying:

Well, you are in trouble and while I'm sure we've all not quite remembered birthdays and anniversaries at some stage, I'm sad to say this missing a 40th might be an expensive problem to get over.

However if I was you, I'd be picking up the little lady asap and taking back the old luggage you purchased, and then make an express trip to Louis Vuitton for some classic luggage that will get you out of any trouble. She may pretend at first that it is not enough to make up for what you've done but by the time you reach the car it will all be over.

P.S. As expensive as unplanned for trips to Louis Vuitton may be, they are also a good what to get things you want. She was angry when I thought I'd like to ride a motorcycle for recreational purposes, she said I'd never ride it. Admittedly she was right, I don't. But she has another handbag and a smile and the fact that there is a very expensive motorcycle sitting in our garage goes without mention. :-)

GOOD LUCK!

» » I think the Daydream Island trip should earn you a free pass on the birthday.Never been there, but I hear it is gorgeous!

»

»

»

»

»

»

»

»

»

»

»

»

»

»

»

»

»

»

»

»

»

»

»

»

»

»

»

»

»

»

»

»

»

» Maybe

» » She has never knitted before....I was hoping she was taking it up

» » :surprised:

»

» Well as long as she doesn't sharpen them....you should be okay.....

» Maybe

You know a clean cut results in a better prognosis for reattachment