Best dressed Habanos influencer is a seriously competitive market.

4 minutes ago, Chitmo said:

Sometimes I think you just like to troll for people that are easily triggered with these things 😆 

Harsh! 

I simply report the morning cigar news ;)

• Like 2

I know we are supposed to be positive and supportive on this forum but I have to ask - why do cigar influencers look like either they got dressed in the dark (Jasim) or look like a kid who snuck into his dad's closet (Kirby)? And if you are wearing a 6x2 jacket why would you button the top button and leave the bottom unbuttoned?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

At first I too was surprised; why are two of the biggest current cigar influencers also very much obsessed with sharp dressing ... but then I discovered this is nothing new.

Don Francisco Fonseca (founder of Fonseca) apparently had a reputation for being a very dapper dresser as well.  He even dresses up his cigars in little paper suits !

🤪🤣

IMG_6596.jpeg

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Chibearsv said:

On the patio, sandals with white sox, shorts, polo shirt, cigar, Fresca, music on the Bose, and yelling at the dog to stop eating so many damn cicadas...my current version of the "cigar lifestyle".  The "fancy lads" can keep to themselves. 😁

White socks with sandals? We have to draw the line somewhere here 😛jk

5 hours ago, Habanoschris said:

White socks with sandals? We have to draw the line somewhere here 😛jk

I edited my post to correct it appropriately to "white socks".  And there will be no lines drawn on me mister!  😛  

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Chibearsv said:

I edited my post to correct it appropriately to "white socks".  And there will be no lines drawn on me mister!  😛  

Lol, I'm not sure the influencers will approve but I can deal with it.  

😚💨 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VeguerosMAN said:

Zino Davidoff believed that one must look the part when smoking a cigar. And he was a sharp dresser

I think people here are making a distinction between "sharp" and "sloppy" with respect to things like wonky fit, mismatched colors/patterns, and using the wrong buttons on a jacket. Taking into account, of course, that style is personal and everyone can dress however they like. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shakey said:

I think people here are making a distinction between "sharp" and "sloppy" with respect to things like wonky fit, mismatched colors/patterns, and using the wrong buttons on a jacket. Taking into account, of course, that style is personal and everyone can dress however they like. 

Perhaps Jasim is going for the "sprezzatura"- a timeless effortless grace look.  😁

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Puros Y Vino said:

Cigar cosplay. How cute. He should swap the dark shades for a monocle.

"Cigar cosplay" is exactly what it is. Brilliant! We should all use it in the future 🤣😂

• Like 2

I was in a cigar lounge recently literally in shorts and a tank top and the waitress was all over me because "I was not there to be seen." Then she went on about how I bought a couple expensive cigars (Trinidad/Cohiba) but didn't smoke them but rather smoked a house roll. I told her, "That's what separates the boys from the men who just really love tobacco."

That's really all it took to win her over. ;)

• Like 2

On 6/11/2024 at 5:10 AM, El Presidente said:

Jasim, Kirby, Ken.......not a split hair between them in the fashion stakes. ;)

seriously, before D hit the entire reset button, you went around spending everyday wearing mismatched pyjamas. high fashion for you was putting the buttons in the right holes. 

• Haha 3

On 6/11/2024 at 5:53 AM, Shakey said:

And if you are wearing a 6x2 jacket why would you button the top button and leave the bottom unbuttoned?  

I thought that was one of the few conventions he didn't break, or stretch to the absolute limit. Boutonniere AND a pocket square? Double breasted jacket with a T-shirt? The complete insouciance in (deliberately) half-tucking in a pocket flap. Confident man.