Completely Underrated CCs

1 hour ago, RDB said:

It’s hardly a secret here, but I think the whole Rafael Gonzalez marca is generally under-rated…

I had my first RGPE yesterday, could have done with a bit of dry boxing but it was a fantastic little cigar.

👌I'll second the vote for Cosacos & Majestics and I do also prefer majestic over regalia myself. I've been curious but ultimately overlooking the Aristocrats for other choices - I think ill give them a try as I feel your tasting notes on the other two mirror mine.  😚💨

I've replaced the HUHC with the Quinteros Petit Quintero.  Cheaper, just as enjoyable. Some good sticks in the Quintero line. Favoritos, Panatelas (if you can find them).

Fonseca and LFDC lines are very good too. Only had a couple of the new Vegueros. Not impressed. Better looking rolls, but somewhat bland compared to the former examples.

• Like 1

I've only smoked one Quinteros Favoritos but was surprised at how pleasant it was. It won't take you on any sort of journey but it was tasty.

• Like 1

Underrated cigar would also be Vegueros also. When you understand what your paying for it truly hits the mark. Just a good enjoyable straight smoke and not to be a complex cigar .Each size in the portfolio have different strengths so I would have a try at each if not had any. They have been all rolled just about perfect and draw on some have been lose a couple of times for me. The finished wrapper on most for me have been beautiful. The rollers at the factory really take pride there for sure on the cigars they roll.

• Like 3

On 5/27/2024 at 11:55 PM, cnov said:

I had my first RGPE yesterday, could have done with a bit of dry boxing but it was a fantastic little cigar.

I just ordered a box. It will be interesting to try my first short filler cigar to compare with a long filler. Would you even be able to tell the difference aside from not being able to maintain a long ash? It's still tobacco from the Vuelta Abajo right?

I would add Romeo y Julieta Mille Fleurs. A petit corona with great flavor under $10 a stick (At least for a couple of days now).

• Like 1

Are the cigars mentioned less per gram by weight than their larger equivalents?  Does a Partagas Short cost less per gram than a Serie D?

15 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Are the cigars mentioned less per gram by weight than their larger equivalents?  Does a Partagas Short cost less per gram than a Serie D?

By my accounting, the party short is currently around $1.5/gram, whereas the No.4 is closer to $1.8/gram

• Thanks 1

On 5/27/2024 at 11:31 AM, Puros Y Vino said:

I've replaced the HUHC with the Quinteros Petit Quintero.  Cheaper, just as enjoyable. Some good sticks in the Quintero line. Favoritos, Panatelas (if you can find them).

Fonseca and LFDC lines are very good too. Only had a couple of the new Vegueros. Not impressed. Better looking rolls, but somewhat bland compared to the former examples.

I've had more than one box of Vegueros develop into something quite tasty and even complex around 5-6 year mark. As a result, I am a fan of them and keep a sistema full of them.

• Like 1