Gadgets & Gizmos

3 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Fuzz.....make sure you occasionally post a new gadget that Ken can use ;)

I am not posting about something from the late 18th century.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Could a 'Smart' Pillow Use AI to Stop Your Snoring?

derucci-anti-snore-pillow-2.webp.29b331a9da70bab95a60a319728930df.webp

Of all the hundreds of sleeping products, bedding and accessories I've tested at CNET, I've never seen anything like what Chinese-based health company DeRucci debuted at CES 2024. The company says it's created the world's first smart, anti-snoring pillow.

DeRucci's new line of sleep health technologies was first announced Dec. 14 in a press release. Its smart sleep products -- including its smart mattress, intelligent height-adjustable pillow, AI sleep monitoring, intelligent voice control panels and curtain tracks -- were unveiled at CES 2024 last Tuesday. 

DeRucci is a sleep health company with a mission to "Let people sleep better." Founded in 2004, the company has since collaborated with international medical organizations and research institutions to bring its products to market. Within the last year, DeRucci has released 12 new AI mattresses. It also sells custom bedding to over 17 countries and regions worldwide.

The anti-snoring pillow is one of the new, coolest products at CES this year. The pillow works by monitoring for slight movement that may indicate snoring. When it recognizes that a sleeper is snoring, it intervenes by adjusting the loft and moving the position of a sleeper's head. In addition to reducing snoring, the goal is to reduce the risk of sleep apnea. 

The Anti-Snore Smart Pillow pairs with an app and remote to manually move your head to a comfortable position before you fall asleep. According to an internal clinical study, the company says its pillow can reduce snoring up to 89%. 

Smart mattress alerts you about your health

t11-pro-1.webp.6b1fdd963d6696824c90c19799f31952.webp

In addition to its smart pillow, DeRucci's smart mattress made headway, earning a  CES 2024 Innovation Award . The DeRucci T11 Pro contains patented AI technology, which DeRucci says "adjusts to the individual's health for optimal sleep," in addition to alerting an individual about potential health issues arising from their sleep data. 

The T11 Pro incorporates 23 embedded sensors that monitor small changes in temperature, sleep position and heart rate throughout the night. It also has a layer of air bags that respond to changes in position to better support your spine, neck and hips. 

t11-pro-brochure.webp.0a86c518e19ff223cc6708fad861013d.webp

DeRucci's new line of sleep technology will be available in the US sometime this year. According to a statement shared with CNET, the T11 Pro Smart mattress will be priced around $8,327, and the Anti-Snore Smart Pillow will cost about $972. 

If people are worried about China monitoring their mobile devices, computers, and smart watches etc, look out! They are coming for your sleep data too!! :P

Initially customer review of the GE indoor smoker is very positive. 

Only thing is that you can't fit a whole packer brisket without cutting it in half to fit in the 2 trays. 

I actually bought a blow-up Love Sheep as a birthday gift for one of my coworkers. I named him “Shorn.”🐑

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Chas.Alpha said:

I actually bought a blow-up Love Sheep as a birthday gift for one of my coworkers. I named him “Shorn.”🐑

The original was called the "Love Ewe" haha

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ford2112 said:

The original was called the "Love Ewe" haha

For a Buck's party, we strapped a Love Ewe to the Buck (waist height, of course) and he had to wear it all night long. He was also dressed as a Mexican bandito.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Everything We Know About the Samsung Galaxy Ring So Far

https://gizmodo.com.au/2024/02/samsung-galaxy-ring-price-release-date/

gizmodo-20.webp.a0f3c0c9f6709565b17b1a59344b6a5d.webp

Samsung has finally raised the curtain on the Galaxy Ring, the company’s latest health tech product, and revealed it to the public in-person.

Samsung announced that the ring will be publicly displayed at MWC 2024, and over the past 24 hours, people have been going hands-on with the device at the Barcelona event. We only got a short glimpse of the ring at the end of Samsung Unpacked, and Samsung kept tight-lipped about the gadget in the leadup to its reveal, despite leaks

At the same time that Samsung was letting people take a gander and even try on the ring, the company put up a post detailing what it’s trying to achieve with the ring.

According to the company, the ring will be comprised of Samsung’s “accumulated [health tech] innovations in the smallest form for comfortable 24/7 wear.” 

But that’s all buzzwords – what can it actually do? Well, as pointed out by ZD Net… We still don’t know. Samsung hasn’t actually said much yet, beyond there being fertility tracking, heart health monitoring, vitality score tracking, and a claimed battery life of “more than a couple days” (per Wired). It will also supposedly only work with Android phones. 

According to Forbes (which itself sources Korean publication The Elec), the ring is still in the prototyping phase, though it’s expected that production will kick off in the second quarter of 2024, and a projected launch beside the Z Fold 6 and Z Flip 6 in July. The Korean publication reported that the ring will be capable of blood flow measurements (for heart rate tracking) and electrocardiogram capabilities for heart-related issues. 

The device is also rumoured to support wireless payments and have SmartThings functionality, but at this point, it’s all very much up in the air. 

“The ring represents that community of people who want health tracking that is more comfortable and less obtrusive,” Samsung executive Hon Pak said in an interview with Bloomberg. “It’s meeting a need of a specific population of people who want to track and measure, but in a different way.”

We’ll update this article as we learn about the Galaxy Ring. Pricing, availability, and specific models haven’t been announced just yet, and it seems like it will be some time until these details are discussed.

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Fuzz has one of these. 

......he has found uses other than that intended by the manufacturer :lookaround:

The original is called the Fleshlight Quickshot Launch.

giphy.gif.b867aa7d3f301ba777e8945dd98f1218.gif

@El Presidente don't buy knock-offs. I'll send you some links for authentic dealers.

• Haha 1