Deep Dive: Partagas Salomones

El Presidente

Partagas Salomones   

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Partagas Salomones 

Hamlet Paredes mentioned last week that his two favourite Cuban cigars were the Partagas Lusitania and the Partagas Salomon. I have always had a soft spot for Lusi. Salomon and I however have had a more volatile relationship. When "on" they are magnificent. When "off" they can be a chore. The difference between "on" and "off" is generally how well they are rolled. Wind tunnels are this cigars nemesis. Get a great box however and they are among Cuba's best. 

Partagas Salomones 

• Do you like Partagas Salomones?
  • Where does it stand compared to other similar cigars. 
  • Have you noticed a blend/flavour/body change over the years? If so, approximately when?
  • How long does it take you to smoke a Partagas Salomones?
  • Do the poll!

Partagas Salomones    :cigar:

CLICK HERE FOR OTHER DEEP DIVES 

Partagas Salomon HQ MAY 21.jpg

Hadn't had one in a while and hadn't been much of a fan in the past as these tended to be fairly mild but I was given a few in Cuba last year and was very impressed. Most definitely more enjoyable than any Lusi I've had in the last few years. Very similar but the Salomones were solid medium where the Lusi can often be under. Fuller and slightly richer. 

• Like 1

I concur with Hamlet having Lusis and Salomones within my top 5 all time favorites. Also think @Elpresidente is right on the occasional wind tunnel to be found depending on the batch. 

I find these cigars immensely benefit from aging, 3 years do a lot for them, 5 years starts to be it and when you get those mean looking ones and give them 8 years they become their truest version. 

In my experience They had a few inconsistent batches 2016-2019. Im smoking older box codes but from what I have been sampling of more recent purchases last 2-3 years are back on (this is from a few samples only).

one of those cigars to spend 2-3 hours after a good meal enjoying good conversation and that if delivering can take you on a great journey. 

• Like 1

I am a big fan of the Partagas Salomones.  I also like Cuaba Salomones.  The Partagas tend to have a more brittle wrapper than the Cuaba.  Both keep better with age.  Would like to buy more of either.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

I am a big fan of the Partagas Salomones.  I also like Cuaba Salomones.  The Partagas tend to have a more brittle wrapper than the Cuaba.  Both keep better with age.  Would like to buy more of either.

Never had a Party Salomones but loved the Cuaba. Definitely with you on the search for both.