Anyone ever seen a Bolivar stamp under black light on Cohiba Robusto Reserva band?

Dmajid

What’s up everyone? Hope everyone is doing well. Anyone ever seen this? I’m not posting the source at the moment for a few reasons, mostly because up until this point, I’ve had 100% confidence. But this is strange… this band is on a Cohiba Robusto Reserva. 

As I do with most boxes I get anywhere, I threw the blacklight on looking for the CHB code and saw this on the Reserva band.

4DE59971-FDD3-4EA0-BA44-934604CBE1BB.jpeg.0239b305c06df88978ae23a02e61c9a6.jpeg

• Like 2

• Dmajid changed the title to Anyone ever seen a Bolivar stamp under black light on Cohiba Robusto Reserva band?
14 hours ago, Dmajid said:

is it possible that bolivar Reserva bands were used by accident? 

Very possible. Typical Cuba being Cuba mistake. Although the CoRo came out before the BBF by two years. Vrijdag may have run both off together and sent them together, and obviously they're indistinguishable with the naked eye. 

I will say I never knew the Reservas had that UV mark before. 

Edit: the timeframe on both releases is a bit closer than 2 years. The CoRo was being released in Dec 2018 and the BBF actually was seen as early as May 2020. So we actually only have about 16 months in between. Again, not too much of a stretch to think Vrijdag ran off and sent both bands over together as obviously HSA had both cigars in the hopper.

@NSXCIGAR the box is from 2020. Everything looks perfect other than the bolivar stamp, and as I mentioned, based on the vendor, I’m way less concerned and leaning towards Cuba being Cuba but was shocked to see it when i was inspecting the cigars 

If you had bought it as a single I would say 99% chance someone threw a band from a smoked Boli on a regular production CoRo for fun and profit.

As a box from a late batch of CoRo rolled after the Belicosos it makes enough sense as a factory error. Would be a strange error for the fakers to make.

Would definitely be thoroughly going over the other details of that box with a lot of scepticism though.

image.jpeg.a0a5156a0134523cf3bd7f4eb34c9650.jpeg

• Like 2

Ahhh, Tabacuba. They really do make things difficult for themselves. 

Remember the UAO Cohiba 55's released in 22?  :rolleyes:

There is a reasonable explanation for the anomaly here. In the absence on any other flags, it wouldn't be a concern to myself. 

13 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

Ahhh, Tabacuba. They really do make things difficult for themselves. 

Remember the UAO Cohiba 55's released in 22?  :rolleyes:

There is a reasonable explanation for the anomaly here. In the absence on any other flags, it wouldn't be a concern to myself. 

Haha. If that was a "Reasonable Explanation" than that phrase doesn't mean anything anymore. 

But, that vendor has desensitized the world to their constant little fibs by now. 

In this case, I would hope we get a much better answer than "we took the tijuana route."