Fond memories of your first projector.

I remember being awestruck by the first projectors I saw when in school. Whoa! Where did this come from! 

University was much the same. I would involve them in my study projects as much as possible. They were an essential tool in my early banking career and every office had plenty of outstanding examples. 

Fond memories  :D

Friday Funny II.jpg

• Thanks 1

As a kid I got one for christmas in the 1950's,16mm and handcrank.Upgradable to an electrical drive which I got one year later.Was a lot of fun

I should add that this was a movie projector

I have very fond memories of projectors.

Mrs. Nyla Zender, PhD was my AP bio teacher the first time I went through high-school.  Mrs. Z was way overqualified to teach a pack of miscreants like us.  But she was an amazing teacher and a dam fine lady, wife, and mother too!  She not only taught me a lot about bio, but she taught me how to learn and study a subject from a textbook.  Her primary teaching tool?? The projector.  She used the projector to convey info 3-4 days a week, if not 5. When we weren't dissecting fetal pigs or pi-petting whatever it was we pi-petted, Mrs. Zender would write, line for line (I. a. 1.) , an outline of the previous day's assigned reading on the overhead projector.  She would call for input from the class before she wrote the next line on the outline.  And so it went for each chapter of the very long text book.  At the end of each chapter before our tests, I would have a complete set of notes that I copied word-for-word from the teacher's outline on the projector.  All one had to do was memorize those notes and a regurgitate the outline and they would have a fair chance at least getting a C- without having to do any real analysis or critical thinking. To get an A...you would have to write the latin names of everything etc.

She taught me how to organize an outline before MS Word did it for us...and I did very well in her class and received college credit hours for my effort. I have used her structure throughout my life and still use it today.  I still remember an incredible amount of what I learned to this day.  She also had very well kept fingernails (deep red paint) that you could see on the projector....a couple months ago I had to use a projector for work and I was appalled (well, I acted appalled, I knew what they looked like already) at how my cuticles looked....FOH Dailysmoke nailbed and cuticle fashion show winner I am not.

Thank you Mrs. Zender for being an amazing teacher and great influence on my life! And thank you for the projector!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, KCCubano said:

Parents had a early 70s Kodak Carousel Slide Projector. Loved playing with it as a kid. 

Great scene in Mad Men tv series where Don Draper presents his idea for naming the carousel. Great storytelling and tv. Cheers

On 11/26/2022 at 8:23 AM, El Presidente said:

I remember being awestruck by the first projectors I saw when in school. Whoa! Where did this come from! 

University was much the same. I would involve them in my study projects as much as possible. They were an essential tool in my early banking career and every office had plenty of outstanding examples. 

Fond memories  :D

Sabrina always arrives at work at 8am... and 8:02am. :lookaround: :sneaky:

• Haha 1