Fake Hoyo de Monterrey Epi 2 Cigar?

benjamin831

28 minutes ago, benjamin831 said:

The vendor got back to me and no bueno. They said they should've been notified of the dissatisfaction within 7 days of receipt so I'm SOOL

yeah...how ironic is this? They sell you proven fakes and still "following" the rules. 

19 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

And/or @benjamin831, let us know if if this is even a trusted vendor. Coming up on a Google search doesn't mean this is a legit vendor. There is at least one vendor that is very prominent in a search that has been the most famous purveyors of fakes for about 20 years, still going strong. In fact a notorious faker comes up in the first four results for me.

If it's not a trusted vendor it's something of a false alarm, but it is still surprising how good the quality of the seal is. If you are able I'd like to see the UV seal.

It's not a trusted vendor, not much investigation is needed here.

Simple proof folks shouldn't EVER google 'Cuban Cigars' and expect what they'll get is legit

2 hours ago, Tstew75 said:

It's not a trusted vendor, not much investigation is needed here.

Simple proof folks shouldn't EVER google 'Cuban Cigars' and expect what they'll get is legit

Yeah, I was giving the OP the benefit of the doubt...silly me. If it had been before the MF affair I would have automatically assumed non-trusted vendor. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, vladdraq said:

yeah...how ironic is this? They sell you proven fakes and still "following" the rules. 

Not ironic... because they know they are selling proven fakes, that’s why! :cowpoop:

On 10/14/2022 at 7:57 AM, Fugu said:

Not ironic... because they know they are selling proven fakes, that’s why! :cowpoop:

Yeah, I'm surprised they even give you 7 days. I'm sure they're pretty good at avoiding refunds. Hard to stay in business 20 years selling fakes with a money back guarantee policy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Yeah, I'm surprised they even give you 7 days. I'm sure they're pretty good at avoiding refunds. Hard to stay in business 20 years selling fakes with a money back guarantee policy.

been thinking about that. A good strategy would have been to sell fakes only to US residents. The real connoisseur (us based) would never buy online googling a vendor. The rest of the people who goes by "deals" probably never smoked a real cuban in their lifes.  Not trying to look down on them, at all, but just wondering how the scheme lasted so long...

3 hours ago, vladdraq said:

been thinking about that. A good strategy would have been to sell fakes only to US residents. The real connoisseur (us based) would never buy online googling a vendor. The rest of the people who goes by "deals" probably never smoked a real cuban in their lifes.  Not trying to look down on them, at all, but just wondering how the scheme lasted so long...

US buyers can still do a chargeback on their card. But your point is valid--if you buy from any of these clowns do you really even know a CC when you smoke it. I mean, plenty of people still buy glass tops on the beach.