Chicago HERF - Saturday September 17, 2022

After a very long hiatus, we are finally putting together another proper Chicago HERF!  Please reply to this thread to indicate if you can make it.  Also, I have started a private email thread for this HERF because I have some guys attending that are not on this forum so please DM me with your email address if you would like me to add you to that email string.  

Big Mike's Cigars

8016 Lincoln Ave, Skokie, IL 60077

(847) 675-2447
https://www.yelp.com/biz/big-mikes-cigar-lounge-skokie

Date: Saturday, September 17 ,2022

Time: 2pm to ???

Big Mike's is BYOB so feel free to bring your drinks of choice.  However, they do sell bottled waters, fresh coffee, soft drinks, etc. on premises. 

I will update this thread with additional details soon regarding things like minimum buy in the shop's humidor in exchange for them letting us smoke our own cigars.  We have to support the shop if they will support our HERF.  

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, rolaand said:

How long do these typically last? Might be tied up until a little later but interested

I'll start a live thread here the day of the event where everyone can post up live. Feel free to respond to the live thread that day whenever you are ready and we'll let you know how much longer we might be going depending on how the group is feeling. Past herfs have lasted anywhere from 4 hours to 8 hours. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are all good to go on Saturday! 

I know some of these items should go without saying in this group but I will go ahead and hit on some general terms for the event to ensure we are all on the same page:

·       We can bring and smoke our own Cuban cigars. 

·       Keeping in line with good practices, everyone attending this event agrees to “support the shop.”  The shop owner is requesting that everyone buy at least $25 worth of tabbaco from their humidor in exchange for letting us smoke our Cubans. From past events, the owner knows we are a generous group so let's not let him down. Let’s all support the shop in such a way that they would welcome us back with open arms again in the future for these types of events.  

·       This point cannot be stressed enough, please make your “support the shop” purchase when you first enter the shop and before you fire up your first stick.  I know it might be more comfortable to get settled in before making your purchases but this puts the shop staff in a very uncomfortable position of feeling like they need to monitor who has purchased and who has not.  Let’s not put them in that position.

·       Big Mike's is a bring your own booze shop so bring whatever you want to drink.  The shop does sell bottled water, coffee, pop, and some other non alcoholic beverages. 

Please reply here if your plans have changed so that I can update the shop on how many of us to expect because they are setting aside space for us. 

I’m looking forward to seeing some of you again because it has been a while.  Also looking forward to meeting some of you for the first time. 

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Cheers!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, canadianbeaver said:

Have a fantastic time!

Wish we were there like last time.

CB

Looking forward to your and Mr. Beaver's next trip down. Had a great time meeting up with both of you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1