Deep Dive: Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo de Rio Seco

Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo de Rio Seco  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Deep Dive: Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo de Rio Seco 

Is there another cigar that delivers "gingerbread biscuit" like the Rio Seco does? 

I think the blend is a masterpiece. Not a huge fan of it's size but in a world of big cigars with ho hum blends, this cigar is a standout giant. 

My opinion only. let us know yours ;)

Let's talk Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo de Rio Seco

• Do you like the Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo de Rio Seco
  • Where does it stand compared to other similar cigars. 
  • Have you noticed a blend/flavour/body change over the years? If so, approximately when?
  • How long does it take you to smoke a Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo de Rio Seco
  • Discuss and do the poll!

Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo de Rio Seco   :cigar:

CLICK HERE FOR OTHER DEEP DIVES

I do like the Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo line and I've had some excellent examples of the Rio Seco, yet I still struggle to achieve those idealistic heights of these examples I smoked when they were first released. I'm willing to admit that I'm not comfortable with the large ring gauge on this light blended line, as I'm much more used to smoking smaller ring-gauged Le Hoyo cigars.

Anyway, I do like the Rio Seco, it's just that unlike those other examples of mid ring-gauged Le Hoyos, I've never had one that 'blew me away', so-to-speak. Perhaps it's because the Le Hoyo has traditionally been seen as a cigar to rest long-term and I have indeed enjoyed them like this. The Rio Seco, by contrast, has only been around since 2018.

I enjoy it a lot and I think the blend is delicious. However, is not a cigar I am building up inventory on. I think similar to John, such a light body in such a RG makes it a bit less of a top stick for me to invest in. 

I love the flavour, I absolutely hate the ring gauge. I'm chuntering away through a box right now and I do find that they smoke quite quickly for the size/RG although I get no indication its because they are too dry.

Aside from the Hoyo DC, this is the second favourite in the Hoyo line and to my taste, far more complex than the San Juan.

Lovely sticks - but could they just put it in a Dalias or Coronas Especiales format!

• Like 2

I too love the flavor and hate the ring gauge. I feel like a 52-54 is my top range...and that is really only reserved for E2 and Vigia. However, it really is an amazingly complex and rich cigar experience for the body of the cigar. If this could just be made into the size of a SCdlH La Fuerza or something, I'd be all over it. 

Agreed. I also like the flavour (ginger) on this cigar but the fat ring gauge is not my cup of tea. So I have only a couple of small boxes and don't plan on buying more. Rather have more Epi1 / 2 or DC in this Marca... 

An excellent Hoyo. Definitely not a vitola for everyone. Quite flavorful with good complexity and balance. Much more substantial than the San Juan and richer than any Epicure. One of the only Hoyos I occasionally smoke along with the Petit Robustos, Du Depute and Epi De Luxe.