Just someones grandads humidor being auctioned. :thinking:

One for our Columbo crew.  What are the red flags here ? 

11.jpg

Antiguo humidor davidoff con 52 habanos antiguos cuba por larranaga cohiba Maria guerrero etc

Puros bien conservados Prov.antiguo consulado de francia à Madrid25 por larranaga churchill olindas22 Maria guerrero2 petits coronas citron de oro1 troya tubo1 cano tubo1 Roméo tubo1cohiba1 Roméo1romeo1 quintero nacionales 2 por larranaga

10.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

1 hour ago, 99call said:

the bigger batch will all be rebanded cigars

These might be legit NCs. MG was produced until at least 2007 in Honduras and PL has been in continuous production through today. Churchill sizes were still very much in vogue then. The PL band certainly isn't Cuban and the MG has some differences to the Cuban. 

I don't see any obvious fakery here.

1 hour ago, El Presidente said:

Antiguo humidor davidoff con 52 habanos antiguos cuba

I am sure the error was unintented ;)

Ah, yes.

I don't read any descriptions on those listings. They could call it a flying rutabaga, and as we see here, they often do. 

8 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

These might be legit NCs. MG was produced until at least 2007 in Honduras and PL has been in continuous production through today. Churchill sizes were still very much in vogue then. The PL band certainly isn't Cuban and the MG has some differences to the Cuban. 

I don't see any obvious fakery here.

The scam is usually, fraudsters buying NOS vintage cc bands, sold out of Florida (where there seems to be an endless supply), then rebanding donor cigars. 

Here is a what looks to be a pre-embargo PL band (see image attached).  There were thousands of PL bands that look nothing like the ones on CCW in the pre-embargo period.  This band looks pretty similar to me, or of the same sub-category line. 

56504441.jpg

• Thanks 4

13 hours ago, 99call said:

There were thousands of PL bands that look nothing like the ones on CCW in the pre-embargo period. 

Sure, but I would never trust any pre-Embargo band alone nor loose pre-Embargo sticks. Instant fail. Anyway, the MG band has some issues and that one never changed. I just assumed they were legit NC but yes, I'm sure what you describe is happening here. 

54 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Sure, but I would never trust any pre-Embargo band alone nor loose pre-Embargo sticks. Instant fail. Anyway, the MG band has some issues and that one never changed. I just assumed they were legit NC but yes, I'm sure what you describe is happening here. 

I'm confused,  I made no comment on what you would and wouldn't trust.  My post was just to correct what you had said about the PL bands, and to illustrate how fraudsters are using NOS CC bands.  

I've seen quite a few different variations/different MG bands in the past. I don't think it's fruitful to keep on trying to neatly compartmentalise the history of CC's with definitive statements.   It's so vast, that the only thing we can be sure of is.......nothings for sure. 

57114206.jpg

213162400_tcimg_00C6CC68.jpeg

• Thanks 2