Deep Dive: Montecristo Number 4

El Presidente

Montecristo Number 4   

176 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Superb result for the monte 4. 

While "I get it" and smoke them regularly, I never expeted a high 80's result. 

Certainly one to put in your starter pack if you are trying out Cuban cigars. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, El Presidente said:

Superb result for the monte 4. 

While "I get it" and smoke them regularly, I never expeted a high 80's result. 

Certainly one to put in your starter pack if you are trying out Cuban cigars. 

Even though they are considered a "common" cigar, they really are one of the best Marevas left in the lineup. I could have these as a desert island one and only cigar if need be. They give you the classic Monte profile in a no frills reasonable priced cigar. Even when Monte#2 were $250/box I would still opt for two boxes of Monte4 for the same ballpark price.

• 2 weeks later...

haven't had these since i started smoking... but this thread convinced me to buy a box

had one ROTT last nite that rated at 94-95 pts and lasted 2 hours + how I do not know cuz i wasn't nursing it

I kept checking my clock in disbelief & then bought another box this morning 😋

• Like 1

Do you like  Montecristo Number 4:

Love ‘em! When they’re good, they’re great. I’ve had some duds, but mostly I really enjoy them. 

Where does it stand compared to other similar cigars.:

I usually prefer the Party Shorts, and sometimes I’m in the mood for Boli PC. The Monte 4 hardly lets me down when I reach for it, though. 

Have you noticed a blend/flavour/body change over the years? If so, approximately when?:

I still have some from 2015 and they are good, but I have remnants of some boxes from 2019-2021, and it seems they have become more rich. Really digging them now for a “quick” smoke.

How long does it take you to smoke a Montecristo Number 4:

I smoke on the slower side, if the draw of the cigar allows me to. These usually give me about an hour and fifteen, to an hour and a half.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I recently made my first purchase because of this deep dive, so thank y’all. A 25 box of PSP and truly thrilled to get it rested and start aging them for some time. I cannot wait and will be extremely excited to show when it arrives. Monte 4, first CC, cannot complain one bit. 👍

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...

My first Montecristo No.4 ever, from 2019. Hated the blotchy and ugly wrapper, love the burn and flavor. It is funny that lately many of my best smokes came from sticks with blotchy/spotty ugly looking wrappers. My father once said, “don’t judge a book by its cover.” Easily 92-93 points.

image.jpg

• Like 2