Jacksonville FL - Irish Whiskey, Cigars...

My wife and I are heading to Jacksonville (Atlantic Beach) for a friend's 60th birthday bash this weekend. He is an Irish whiskey fan, and since we're flying and not checking bags, I'd like to find some down there. Does anyone know of a place in Atlantic Beach or pretty close to there that might have a good selection?

Also, I know at least one other person in our crew enjoys cigars, so we might head to... Island Girl Cigar Bar? Is that place worth the trip for a drink and a smoke?

Thanks for any tips 😀

Between Jax Beach and Ponte vedra is a decent liquor store

Broudy’s Liquors 353 Marsh Landing Pkwy, Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250

they had a pretty wide collection of bourbon when I was visiting Family last March. Picked up a bottle of Peerless bourbon on sale for $75. Seemed to have a fair amount of good options of other liquors as well. I can’t speak to the Irish whiskey but you can call. There is also an ABC further down the road in a mall opposite the Marriott at TPC sawgrass. Both have customers who will buy good stuff so they stock it. Maybe 10-15 min down AIA to Broudy’s liquor. Another 5-10 to tpc. 
we walked past a cigar B&M in Jax beach by the beach, but didn’t go in. I brought my own CC. There were three guys in front smoking in some

big leather chairs.  

Its a nice area to visit. Have a blast. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, BlueRidgeFly said:

Thank you! I’ve been down there a few times, but it’s been several years. The blast will be happening 👍

Anytime. I’m gonna put down some money your trip will be more of a vacation than my visits, although we are going down in august for beach time. 

17 minutes ago, Rhinoww said:

Anytime. I’m gonna put down some money your trip will be more of a vacation than my visits, although we are going down in august for beach time.

Pure vacation, yep. Birthday boy and his wife are putting a group of us up at a resort there, we just have to get there. We go way back, but pretty damn generous of them. So... I need some special Irish whiskey, and sounds like Broudy's has some.

Lynch's Irish pub is literally across the street from the Jax Beach pier (still under construction). There is also an ABC liquor store on Beach .,blvd maybe 6 blocks West of 3rd st. a.k.a hwy 1. If you have a car, google map Total wine. They usually have most anything of everything!

Drop a note if you plan on burning one. Island girl is a good room, valet parking that IG validates.

@BlueRidgeFly

3 hours ago, Chibearsv said:

Sounds like you need to activate the @Chas.Alpha signal!

Certainly in my back yard on this one!

22 hours ago, BlueRidgeFly said:

My wife and I are heading to Jacksonville (Atlantic Beach) for a friend's 60th birthday bash...

I should have read this more carefully. There is an ABC liquor store on Atlantic blvd. as well, again 6-8 blocks from the beach. You can go online and shop the store and purchase for pick up. If you REALLY have something in particular that you're looking for, shop Total Wine at Towne Center Mall. The place is a warehouse! I think you can also purchase online for pickup. If it's too far from where you're at, let me know and I can pick it up and deliver to Island Girl. I live smack in between them! (10 minutes in both directions)

Cheers!

2 hours ago, Rhinoww said:

@Chas.Alpha thanks for the tip on total wine. Was unaware there was one near the beaches. 

It's about 1 mile SW of Beach blvd and 295 on Town center pkwy. 15-20 minute drive from Jax beach. If you're looking for it they probably have it!

Thanks again for the tips, and generous offer to deliver booze @Chas.Alpha and @Rhinoww 😀

We had a great time. Not one cigar was burned, but that’s ok. Pedaled a mobile bar between some breweries, went to a Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp AAA ball game, ate too much, drank about the right and generous amount. Found some 18 yr Tullamore Dew. Cool city and beaches 👍

Tore my calf muscle right before we left. Put the brakes on various activities, but I hobbled well enough with my stick. Hope to get down there again soon and have more unscheduled time and meet you all someday. 

• Like 1

Shrimp games are great! $17 dollars gets you the best seats in the house!!!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Chas.Alpha said:

Shrimp games are great! $17 dollars gets you the best seats in the house!!!

Funny. I was in Cleveland on business several years ago w a guy from Boston. Red Sox were in town. He begged to go to the game instead of dinner. Promised me he would buy the best seats available. 
we went to the box office. Guy says he wants two of best seats available. Woman says $80 total. He flips on her about wanting good seats. Her “sir, these are four rows behind the catcher”. 
Baseball in the right place can be a value