a great Darkness concert

Ken Gargett

for Bruce fans, this is a brilliant concert from the 78 Darkness tour. i remember how excited i was when that album came out. yes, that old.  plus the very best from born to run and some great older stuff. heaven. and for those who have not seen the light, if this concert doesn't do it for you, check your pulse. you may be dead. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Saw him last night in Sunderland @Ken Gargett Torrential rain all night but 3 hours of bliss. He was better than last year somehow. He definitely tries to save his voice with less chats to the audience but my god he can still do it. Racing in the street and Backstreets where the best I have heard them, he genuinely teared up (have a look at the vid) as did I. Not sure how long he can carry on so might try and make Wembley or Spain if I can, no one else comes close!

On 5/23/2022 at 11:38 AM, Ken Gargett said:

if this concert doesn't do it for you

It does make me laugh Ken! Your hit ratio of unloadable images and videos is so consistent, it somehow makes me feel like you have access to your very own "dark web" . But instead of being full of illicit drugs, and exotic animals,  yours is just full of corrupted images of fish and Springsteen. 

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, 99call said:

It does make me laugh Ken! Your hit ratio of unloadable images and videos is so consistent, it somehow makes me feel like you have access to your very own "dark web" . But instead of being full of illicit drugs, and exotic animals,  yours is just full of corrupted images of fish and Springsteen. 

be fair. it was up and running at the time. some internet ghoul has decided it should not be available. that is hardly my fault. that was actually one i got right!!! 

the rest of the unloadable stuff is because rob has a crap system. 

and if i had a dark web, i'd have exotic animals as well. although not to sell. 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Webbo said:

Saw him last night in Sunderland @Ken Gargett Torrential rain all night but 3 hours of bliss. He was better than last year somehow. He definitely tries to save his voice with less chats to the audience but my god he can still do it. Racing in the street and Backstreets where the best I have heard them, he genuinely teared up (have a look at the vid) as did I. Not sure how long he can carry on so might try and make Wembley or Spain if I can, no one else comes close!

absolutely brilliant. backstreets is actually my fave bruce song ever. by chance, i have it on repeat in the car at the moment and had just ducked down to the shops this morning, listening to it, and then came back to this. i have seen him do this live four or five times and it is always goosebumps. and yes, tears. 

the voice is perhaps not what it was (but never his greatest asset). but that sad eyes/backstreets interlude he does here is one of the best i have heard. 

sadly, he has not yet included Australia on this tour. i think he might have finally decided we are just too far away. 

and may i say, shove that up yourself, lauren hill and listmakers!!

Read the other day he’s on the first plane to Aus if T**** wins the next election. That’s a dilemma for you then …. 

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Read the other day he’s on the first plane to Aus if T**** wins the next election. That’s a dilemma for you then …. 

i think he might have said that 8 years ago and four years ago. 

i'll clean up the couch! 

• Haha 2

On 5/24/2024 at 11:15 PM, Webbo said:

i think you got lucky. just saw that last night's concert in Marseilles was cancelled due to "vocal issues and general health concerns". sad news. certainly his voice sounded like it was on its last legs in that vid. 

• Sad 1