How can these be fake?

Huckleberry

These are not my cigars.  I don’t know whose cigars they are to be honest.

I’m posting them here to learn.  Some “experts” are adamant these are fake and I just can’t see it, my mind isn’t allowing me to agree with them. 

I don’t want to argue as I prefer to just increase knowledge and experience.  

If these are counterfeit what makes them that way?  They look flawless to me.

Please let me know what you think!

3 minutes ago, Islandboy said:

Reddit is a wild place chock full of experts stating “facts”. I find it entertaining occasionally, but rarely very useful.

My sentiments exactly.   Read it for the entertainment value and fast action :)

this was just one discussion where I found myself perplexed on the origin of these seemingly fine and authentic cigars.

I can’t see any sign that tells me these are counterfeit.  Can you?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

My sentiments exactly.   Read it for the entertainment value and fast action :)

this was just one discussion where I found myself perplexed on the origin of these seemingly fine and authentic cigars.

I can’t see any sign that tells me these are counterfeit.  Can you?

No, I don’t. I mean, if the counterfeiters went to the trouble of having HdM bands pretty immaculately printed, were they just too dumb not to go with Cohiba bands instead, and make twice the money?

That box of Rio Secos looks exactly like mine...so I guess mine are fake too then. Where’s Rob....I need to speak to him.:P

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Islandboy said:

No, I don’t. I mean, if the counterfeiters went to the trouble of having HdM bands pretty immaculately printed, were they just too dumb not to go with Cohiba bands instead, and make twice the money?

That box of Rio Secos looks exactly like mine...so I guess mine are fake too then. Where’s Rob....I need to speak to him.:P

And that box isn't made out of scrap wood.  I have visited a small box production factory in the DR.  To make them legitimately it takes some effort and some human power for sure.  That's no glass top fauxhiba on the beach.

Some “Text-perts” are adamant these are fake and I just can’t see it, 

fixed that for you.......

there are people with zero knowledge attempting to appear savvy in every walk of life, if you yell "fake " often enough, you will be right occasionally.

You are smart to ask here about fakes, the inmates have earned their knowledge the old fashioned way.........:gangup:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, garbandz said:

there are people with zero knowledge attempting to appear savvy in every walk of life, if you yell "fake " often enough, you will be right occasionally.

You are smart to ask here about fakes, the inmates have earned their knowledge the old fashioned way.........:gangup:

Like I said, these aren’t my cigars.  I just can’t see in anyway shape or form how they could be fake.  I know this is the place where the OGs in the know reside :)

I really just wanted confirmation so I don’t feel unintelligent for my stance.

thank you!

11 hours ago, garbandz said:

But, but the circular cut-outs on the barcode!!! :hole:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, thomasayres said:

Hey guys! These are my cigars, and thank you OP for posting here. 

Yeah the experts argued that the circular cutouts and inconsistencies in the hologram did it it. 

Here is a box from the same seller of RJ Short Churchill for inspection as well

Are you asking if the box is fake? Without photos of the cigars and bands, not many people will opine on them. 

Its also nice to at least post a cursory "Hi" in the newbie forum to introduce yourself before you ask everyone for help. You'll definitely get more responses that way. 

32 minutes ago, Corylax18 said:

Are you asking if the box is fake? Without photos of the cigars and bands, not many people will opine on them. 

Its also nice to at least post a cursory "Hi" in the newbie forum to introduce yourself before you ask everyone for help. You'll definitely get more responses that way. 

That’s my bad!  I invited him and didn’t walk through protocol.  I’m a like a bull in the China closet all the time.

Head over to the newbie introductions thread and let us know who you are and where you are from.

Then head back over here and post some pics of the cigars and bands and whatever else the OGs suggest they need to see.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

That’s my bad!  I invited him and didn’t walk through protocol.  I’m a like a bull in the China closet all the time.

Head over to the newbie introductions thread and let us know who you are and where you are from.

Then head back over here and post some pics of the cigars and bands and whatever else the OGs suggest they need to see.

Haha. We've all been there. 

Some close ups of the micro printing on the seal can also be useful (if they don't match the serial # that can be a dead give away)

https://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/packaging/information#Union_and_Warranty_Seals

1 hour ago, Corylax18 said:

Haha. We've all been there. 

Some close ups of the micro printing on the seal can also be useful (if they don't match the serial # that can be a dead give away)

https://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/packaging/information#Union_and_Warranty_Seals

The Reddit link has a bunch of close ups of the rio seco cigars and bands and hologram.

Although I’m no expert, they don’t red flag as fake to me. The reasons given on Reddit are pretty nit picky for an otherwise excellent looking box of cigars. The advice “know your vendor” is spot on though. Just PM some of the veterans in the forum if you have questions about any specific ones. Don’t post forum questions about specific vendors though. 

On 2/13/2022 at 6:26 AM, Corylax18 said:

My sincere apology! I've done a quick intro post on the newbie section :)

Also a quick update; I ,very kindly but clearly, let the seller know I came to the conclusion that his cigars were not legit, but let him know I was still interested in purchasing them as custom rolled cigars essentially.

He agreed to have some coffee, I'll keep you guys posted on the results!

Thanks for all the help btw!