Looking Good - Wrapper Harvest At Hector Luis Farm

6 hours ago, Nino said:

He just replied - it is first planting and will be harvested in March.

Interesting. I FB Messaged him about a week ago asking when the best time for a trip would be and he just got back this morning saying early march. I'm amazed to see that big a difference in the size of the Shade/Sun Grown plants. I'm guessing he's growing two different strains, but there has to be more to it than that. There is always more to learn!

• Like 4

Thank you for sharing @Nino, any comment on whether this has been a good growing season elsewhere too, or are these leaves more an index of their skills than the weather?

4 hours ago, MrBirdman said:

Thank you for sharing @Nino, any comment on whether this has been a good growing season elsewhere too, or are these leaves more an index of their skills than the weather?

I would say that this season so far has been a good one, but let's await the overall results by late March.
Indeed some farms are more skilled than others but overall in La Meca del Tabaco ( Vuelta Abajo ) the farms are quite competent.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, porkchop said:

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing. Will there ever be a Candela stick out of Cuba?

There used to be candela wrapper cigars from Cuba (as well as clear Havana if I'm not mistaken) so it could be done if the public demanded it. However, even for the US market, candela is still only a novelty...

• Like 1